Hacking [Tool] Joy-Con Toolkit

Hario337

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone help me, I have an iMac and I don't know if that'll change my process?
I dont think it would affect the process, but I know that some code is incompatible with macs so it may not be able to run.
Best to just test it right?

ItsDeth

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I open the Joy-con_Toolkit_v1.5.2, it only shows these to icons, and I don't understand what I am supposed to do with them

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2017-08-20 à 17.57.30.png
    Capture d’écran 2017-08-20 à 17.57.30.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 329

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
As stated in OP, you need Windows.

Like other users said, you need to setup Boot Camp or VirtualBox.
For VirtualBox after windows installation you need to pass-through your BT adapter to Guest Windows OS.
I don't know about Boot Camp though..

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the best Bluetooth adapter to use with this?

I have the common generic one as shown below but it's a piece of shit.

33-114-056-04.jpg

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I use a Konig one, that's based on CSR 4.0 platform.

2576104_3.JPG

But god, the signal is awful. Everytime I test the HD rumble player and the packet rate reaches 5-15ms it glitches.
I need to be close to it to work (30-50cm, depends on the room's noise from my wifi and neighboring wifi). And of course in the front USB ports.
Look at how small the antenna length is:
http://www.mike-worth.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/dongle-board.jpg

So, if you want something with an extraordinary (or at least good) signal and range, you need one with an antenna that's arround 31.23mm.
Why these size? 2.4GHz signal needs an antenna with the length of 31.23mm.
And it should be at least BT 4.0.

Last edited by CTCaer,

cualquiercosa327

Trophies
XP
Country
I need buy one also : which came on the laptop has stopped of working.I was looking on amazon and i found several
which seems great.Tomorrow i will look if it has an antenaa.Thanks for your program and advicing!

TerryG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just used this to modify my re-shelled joycon. Went from the gray set and swapped them to the red/blue (left blue right red that comes with the console pack, not the opposite that comes with the standalone joycons). Worked perfectly!
As a side note if anyone knows where to get SL SR buttons (or joycon rails) let me know. Can't seem to find them anywhere and they are the only thing that don't match.

I messaged a seller on alibaba asking about the SL and SR buttons and was told they would take it into consideration and that the "MOQ was big".

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I messaged a seller on alibaba asking about the SL and SR buttons and was told they would take it into consideration and that the "MOQ was big".
I hope to see it in the future. Currently you can buy the middle and outer shell, but no buttons at all. Would love to be able to match those Sr sl buttons without painting.

Reactions: TerryG

TerryG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope to see it in the future. Currently you can buy the middle and outer shell, but no buttons at all. Would love to be able to match those Sr sl buttons without painting.

I actually messaged them after ordering a full set of the Splatoon colored middle and outer shells with the exact thing in mind. Hopefully they get enough interest in them to justify the order.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Like what you did before to turn the leds off. Press the sync button once to turn off the controller.
If you want to have it always on you need to send a command that tells it to stay like this. But when the controllers are turned off it also turns off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was playing need for speed remastered and said to myself this is a nice Forza remaster
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_developed_by_Rare Not all of them are awesome but man the hits on that list.
    Oh snap Super Offroad was by them too? lol damn
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Today I learned that the creators of the Donkey Kong games also made Sea of Thieves
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why do i feel the sudden urge to start singing pirate's scorn from the donkey kong country cartoon?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you being for real, cause that's hard to believe, DK is Nintendo and made in japan, Sea of thieves was from Microsoft, in America. I'm not calling you a liar, just didn't know.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yes they were both made by Rare, but DK was from Rare back then, Rare now is owned by MS. So makes since.
    +1
    They even developed a LJN game.... lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was pretty rare
    I wonder what deal with Satan LJN worked to get Rare to make that one...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember couple years ago, they announced they were working on a Perfect Dark remake, wonder what ever happen with that?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It went into the darkness
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and buddies used to play the hell out of Perfect Dark on N64, that and Goldeneye, was the first real PvP shooter games I remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4-way split screen on a tiny 19" TV, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you share joysticks also
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh we had the 4 controller add on thingy for n64. Duh I just got your joke, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So you touched ends
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, but being in the boy scouts, they forced us to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chopped down some wood for the scout master
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was actually in the scouts for 1 week, til they assigned me homework, n I was like f this, and quit, I was like 10 yrs old. And no I didn't join the girl Scouts.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was the homework about getting to know the scout leaders
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to memorize how to tell 15 different trees species, I think, been awhile
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could've just wrote down firewood
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Could've just wrote down firewood