Hacking [Tool] Joy-Con Toolkit

Ep8Script

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As someone who uses the Joy-Con primarily on PC (although on the Switch occasionally, don't own one though), yeah, they're SUPER fidgety to connect via Bluetooth sometimes.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
No I don't want to add a Todo, because I don't want to hear questions like when we will have this and when that.
I just throw hints here and there and that's it, surprise :P

I hope you understand. This is a hobby. :)

Angelcraft

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
QUOTE="Angelcraft, post: 7512961, member: 371626"]Ok it is doing 260kb/512[/QUOTE]
Than
No I don't want to add a Todo, because I don't want to hear questions like when we will have this and when that.
I just throw hints here and there and that's it, surprise :P

I hope you understand. This is a hobby. :)
YEAh f course cant wait in new hacks :D and again thank you for this tool :D
EDIT:
also how can you light on the home button led?

Last edited by Angelcraft,

goteks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"also how can you light on the home button led?"

Yeah that would be interesting. i forgot to check for an led when i opened my pro controller to install the xbox elite d-pad and joysticks

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
"also how can you light on the home button led?"

Yeah that would be interesting. i forgot to check for an led when i opened my pro controller to install the xbox elite d-pad and joysticks
On the joy on it’s a black plastic strip that has a hole in it so the analogue stock fits in lol

D

Deleted User

upload_2017-8-15_14-56-46.png

This guy's forehead is bigger than my future.

Last edited by ,

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
also how can you light on the home button led?
In the debug menu, type in 38 in the subcmd box. Then in the subcmd args type in: F100F0F0F0F0F0F000FFFF00FFFF00FFFF
The home LED will begin flashing. Also, the light will stay on until the joycon is powered off. This means you can use it on the swtich.

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In the debug menu, type in 38 in the subcmd box. Then in the subcmd args type in: F100F0F0F0F0F0F000FFFF00FFFF00FFFF
The home LED will begin flashing. Also, the light will stay on until the joycon is powered off. This means you can use it on the swtich.
I really wish we could indefinitely enable it even after the joycon turns back on

Reactions: Mnecraft368

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I’m guessing it’s not possible to make the home LED always on even after you turn them off in Switch sleep mode
In the next update of your tool can you put some options to play around with pre built home LED flashes in their so we don’t have to go to debug please or consider it

Last edited by Naked_Snake,

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I’m guessing it’s not possible to make the home LED always on even after you turn them off in Switch sleep mode
In the next update of your tool can you put some options to play around with pre built home LED flashes in their so we don’t have to go to debug please or consider it
No you can't, because switch sends the turn off command and the controller turns off.
Also if the connection with Switch/PC/etc is lost, again the controller turns off.

I will consider, but where's the fun if you don't poke around with all these hex numbers and try to find marvelous light effects?
And then maybe go like: "hey look at this pattern! I love it!"
But for sure, I will use it throughout the app. Sth like, breathing for operations and heartbeat for standby. We'll see...

For now I'm preparing for the next release. I'm currently finalizing and crash testing the new feature.

D

Deleted User

I lost my serial number of my Joy-cons, I swear I made a good backup and it deleted it, then I changed S/N to JOYCONBOYZ and I know have a backup of my Joy-Cons with their serial numbers changed. How could I recover them? (I still have the box and everything.)

Last edited by ,

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Then you are left with the most sexy named joy-cons on earth!

Jokes aside, that's why I had all these reminders. And the "do you want to overwrite backup warning".
You should have moved the backups in another folder and maybe change filename also.

Unfortunately they are not recoverable. Check the box if you can find anything but I don't think so..

The thing is that just today, I implemented internally, a savior mechanism for these reasons, which when you change the SN, it makes a backup inside your controller's SPI unused space.

In your position, I would use a program like GetDataBack to search the whole drive (with default and then with sustained system failure settings) and try to find the deleted backup or a version of it at least and then view it inside the program to get the SN.

What are your joy-con original colors?

EDIT:
I just checked if there's a correlation to MAC address or shipment number info inside the SPI, but I can't find anything. If there is, then it's not obvious..
So stick to a tool like getdataback.

Last edited by CTCaer,
Reactions: Ep8Script

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade