OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
its because you are not on rcm mode
I appreciate that you are trying to help, but this is a more nuanced issue and I feel you're confusing him/her.
Have tried it before and linux detected it as Nvidia, tried it on ubuntu virtual machine got the same results, tried compiling on linux didn't turn out well.
I'm 90% certain your iMac just can't interface with it. Was it the same hardware that you were running Linux on?

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate that you are trying to help, but this is a more nuanced issue and I feel you're confusing him/her.

I'm 90% certain your iMac just can't interface with it. Was it the same hardware that you were running Linux on?

I think that's the case, can't interface. I did use the same hardware for running Linux, I had used "VMware Fusion". I also tried it on an actual linux machine.

OkazakiTheOtaku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
@gbazone, I figured out the main roadblock. Maybe you can help.
If I compile imx_usb for macOS, it works, but the problem is that pyusb is a dependency for shofel2. It needs a specific version pyusb and the one available for Mac doesn't satisfy the Python script requirement. My hands are a bit tied at the moment for that reason unfortunately.
If I send you a .zip of my current WIP version can you verify the same issue?

I think that's the case, can't interface. I did use the same hardware for running Linux, I had used "VMware Fusion". I also tried it on an actual linux machine.
Wait, on the Linux that did recognize the hardware, it was running on the same iMac? Hmm...

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@gbazone, I figured out the main roadblock. Maybe you can help.
If I compile imx_usb for macOS, it works, but the problem is that pyusb is a dependency for shofel2. It needs a specific version pyusb and the one available for Mac doesn't satisfy the Python script requirement. My hands are a bit tied at the moment for that reason unfortunately.
If I send you a .zip of my current WIP version can you verify the same issue?

Wait, on the Linux that did recognize the hardware, it was running on the same iMac? Hmm...

Yes, I'm going to recheck if it still recognizes it on ubuntu VM

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I mean his screenshot clearly shows he's not in RCM mode... that's exactly the vid/pid you get when you plug the Switch while it's normally booted.

gbazone

Trophies
XP
Country
Have tried it before and linux detected it as Nvidia, tried it on ubuntu virtual machine got the same results, tried compiling on linux didn't turn out well.

So when you hit power holding volume up with pin ten grounded you're getting a black screen without any screen light or Nintendo logo, correct?

Last edited by gbazone,

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's been a couple times that F-G worked and it showed a similar entry. That said, you may be right.
I don't see how that's possible when it's hard coded to look for the APX vid/pid

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 8.05.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 8.05.30 PM.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 376

OkazakiTheOtaku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
System Information doesn't reflect changes unless you deliberately refresh (cmd+R). One of the many annoying things about OSX
Ah, right. That's on me, then.

Anyway, as a bit of a status update on shofel2_mac, I hit a roadblock regarding pyusb. If someone wants more details or wants to try and help then PM me.

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, finally got it, reinstalled python and the dependancies and restarted my iMac, turned on my VM connected/disconnected NVidia APX finally a success! Thank you for this program!

vertigosr37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, not sure where to ask this question, but I've definitely got 99% there. I've got python3, pyusb, libusb. I def got my switch in rcm mode, but I get this usb timeout (which is happening). I was loing to look at your code and see if i can extend the timeout.

I'm on a 2017 mac, so usbc. but i'm the controller charger cable, so I hvae a a -> c adapater at the end. standard usb "charging" cables failed. I've got full blow thunderbold cables I could try:

err I got

Setting ourselves up to smash the stack...
Uploading payload...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "fusee-launcher.py", line 479, in <module>
switch.write(payload)
File "fusee-launcher.py", line 349, in write
self.write_single_buffer(chunk)
File "fusee-launcher.py", line 359, in write_single_buffer
return self.dev.write(0x01, data, 1000)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/usb/core.py", line 948, in write
self.__get_timeout(timeout)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/usb/backend/libusb1.py", line 824, in bulk_write
timeout)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/usb/backend/libusb1.py", line 920, in __write
_check(retval)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/usb/backend/libusb1.py", line 595, in _check
raise USBError(_strerror(ret), ret, _libusb_errno[ret])
usb.core.USBError: [Errno 60] Operation timed ou

i tried to put a gist, but as a new user, i can to clutter this up.

so it detects my switch in RCM mode, but then idk wth happens. it's a time out deep in libusb (installed via brew)

tatundria

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Can I use the official Apple USB-C o USB-A adapter to launch fusee gelee on a Mac? I have the Touch Bar Macbook Pro with no USB-A ports...

OkazakiTheOtaku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Can I use the official Apple USB-C o USB-A adapter to launch fusee gelee on a Mac? I have the Touch Bar Macbook Pro with no USB-A ports...
Yes, that's what I do. I also have USB-C MacBook Pro

sorry, not sure where to ask this question, but I've definitely got 99% there. I've got python3, pyusb, libusb.
did you install pyusb with pip or brew?

Reactions: Centergaming

vertigosr37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's what I do. I also have USB-C MacBook Pro

did you install pyusb with pip or brew?
pip

basically

brew install python3
brew install libusb
pip3 install pysub

i also then thought they might conflict, so i uninstalled libusb in brew.
same issue. I even tried a web uploader and it "hangs" at "sendint payload" or whatever. indicates it found teh deivce and is starting upload. I note it's a usb 2 and 109MB file, but usb 2 is 480 mbit, or 60MB/s, even if you only got 1 MB/s due to oddities, that's les than 2 min. I let it sit 20m [system here won't let me post URLs. blah] WebFG ?

I mean, the messages indicate they found the device, but maybe I'm not really in RCM mode? that would explain timeouts (well, should get other errors, such as failure to connect)
but i've seen "no tegra device" when I couldn't get that to work. and ive seen the above where it seems to be making progress

if i want to start over the install deps, what exactly things and order should I use?

and I'm using the mac launch command blah and telling it HBL.rar when i it on my mac. i'm using usbc with apple adapter (was using usb 3.0 ones until i realized the cable was 2--should I use a usb 3 cable and adapter?)_

Last edited by vertigosr37,

mortmela

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have a MacBook Pro with no USB-a Ports. Can i use the USB-C to USB-C charging cable from the MacBook to launch fusee gelee? Or Must i buy a USB-c to USB-a cable?

OkazakiTheOtaku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I mean, the messages indicate they found the device, but maybe I'm not really in RCM mode? that would explain timeouts (well, should get other errors, such as failure to connect)
All of your symptoms seem to indicate that you're not actually in RCM mode. Go ahead and get into RCM how you have been, then plug into your computer however you have been, then open the application "System Information.app", then on the left of the screen find USB. Then, find the Switch. If it says "Switch" it's not in RCM mode. If it says "Nvidia..." then it is in RCM.
I have a MacBook Pro with no USB-a Ports. Can i use the USB-C to USB-C charging cable from the MacBook to launch fusee gelee? Or Must i buy a USB-c to USB-a cable?
That works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la