Hacking PS1/2 Tonyhax International: Backup Loader For All Japanese, USA, and PAL PS1 Consoles/Early PS2 Consoles + GameShark/Cheat Cart Flasher

alexfree

OP
Trophies
Website
alex-free.github.io
XP
Country
United States

Version 1.5.3 (9/2/2024)​

https://github.com/alex-free/tonyhax/releases/download/v1.5.3i/tonyhax-international-v1.5.3.zip

Changes:
  • GameID support for MemCardPro/SD2PSX. Additionally, Tonyhax International is the first to support early Japanese games (with 'PSX.EXE' bootfile) with GameID. Big thanks to the testers @lzibeti and @kimbapslice!
  • Modified RAM layout to handle a larger decompression by PS1 packer
  • Implemented a fix to work-around a 29 year old bug in the game Kileak, The Blood (Japan) which caused previous versions of Tonyhax International and all versions of the original Tonyhax to not boot it successfully.
  • Implemented the same functions that the original Tonyhax now uses to handle ignoring the garbage SP values in the PS-X executable header.
  • Integrated psn00bsdk-builder into the build system. You can now run make toolchain or make toolchain deps to build and or install the complete Tonyhax International dev environment on many Linux systems.
  • Loader bug fix: closes memory card/controller input pulling for all consoles (not just Japanese ones) after reading the target boot disc.
  • Removed my '80 Minute CD-R PS2 hardware bug software-fix' from the loader. I have done this because while my '80 Minute CD-R PS2 hardware bug software-fix' ensures correct reading of 80 minute CD-Rs while inside Tonyhax International, it can not do anything about what happens in-game after being booted. At least one game (Street Fighter Alpha 3 (USA)) crashes in-game due to the PS2 hardware bug with 80 minute/700MB CD-Rs, and that can not be fixed by my software-fix. Please instead use my PSX80MP to patch games that will be burned on 80 minute/700MB CD-Rs and played on PS2s. This is not required for using 80 minute/700MB CD-Rs on PS1 consoles.
  • Documentation clean up and improvements.

alexfree

OP
Trophies
Website
alex-free.github.io
XP
Country
United States

Version 1.5.4 (9/16/2024)​

Changes:

• Improved GameID support. More (nearly all) PSX.EXE games are now supported for GameID by my new library (please use it Unirom people!). MemCardPro 2 now works, fixed all timing issues related to talking with GameID. Big thanks to everyone who reports issues and helped with testing.
  • Due to user request, I have re-introduced a new and improved PS2 hardware bug software fix for 80 minute CD-Rs with additional info.
  • Modified RAM layout to handle a larger EXE decompressed by Nicholas Noble's brilliant PS1 packer.
  • Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu '95 (Japan) (Rev 0) now works again, as it did in v1.5.2 and below.
  • Added better debug variables/settings for use by myself during testing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Barbie meet MJ +1