Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Last month Tony Hawk Ride sought to revitalize the series by introducing a unique skateboard peripheral. Since its release the critical response has been mixed at best with IGN's own Erik Brudvig giving the game a 5.0, stating:

"It straddles an uncomfortable line between casual and hardcore without being satisfying in either respect and it lacks the polish and presentation necessary to cover up the gameplay shortcomings."

You can read IGN's full review right here. Or take a look at some of the videos and decide for yourself, which is apparently what plenty of consumers did last month when they decided to purchase the game.

According to the NPD group, Tony Hawk Ride sold a total of 114,000 units across Wii, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. That's a respectable number of skateboards, especially considering the hefty price tag of $119.99. Does this mean the peripheral will be back for a sequel or possibly used for other Activision titles? Only time will tell, but let us know if you'd like to see Ride turn into a series in the comments below.

What?

I thought this game was going to be a huge belly flop. $120 for a gimmicky video game with a useless peripheral and bad reviews? Well, I guess consumers disagree.

D

Deleted_171835

Old ladies probably purchased this. "Experience the thrill of skateboarding despite the fact that you're old!", the commercial in my head says.

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
shakirmoledina said:
why is so tht tony hawks releasing many peripherals? is it not bcz Tony hawks gameplay cannot be changed or improved

yeah, and the game comes along with a lack of presantation because the developers wanna have something they would be able to improve in a sequel
lecture.gif

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Skateboarding is HUGE with kids right now. They see it say "ZOMG Tony Hawk Skateboard game you can ride!. BAM instant success. Just like Drumsets,Guitars,Turntables. It was gonna sell. Im sure it'll be used in a sequel hopefully a much better one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4