ROM Hack Tomodachi Life EUR not working on USA 3DS with A9LH + Luma3DS

zongalito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i recently installed A9LH + Luma3DS On my 3ds, before that i was a GW user and on emunand the game played perfectly but now that i changed to A9LH and Luma3DS the game doesnt work anymore, i installed it both from Freeshop and FBI but nothing, i start the game, black screen, and then "an error has ocurred and the console must restart"
this doesnt happen with the USA version but i want the EUR version because its the only multilanguage version, the USA is english only.

Mirkobien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
First, enable region/language emulation in Luma settings (Press Select when booting the console). Then:
  • Create a folder named locales inside luma.
  • Create a .txt file with game's title id as the name (look them up on www.3dsdb.com).
  • Inside the file,
    • Put 3 characters for the region ("JPN", "USA", "EUR", "AUS", "CHN", "KOR", "TWN").
    • Put an empty space.
    • Put 2 characters for the language ("JP", "EN", "FR", "DE", "IT", "ES", "ZH", "KO", "NL", "PT", "RU", "TW").
  • For example, to play Pokémon™ Y in Japanese language and region:
    • Create 0004000000055E00.txt.
    • Put in JPN JP.
    • Save.
In this case you'd need Tomodachi Life's title id, which is 000400000008C400, as the name of your .txt
Then, inside the .txt, it should be "EUR [Language code]". For example EUR ES.

Reactions: september796

DavidRochin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
First, enable region/language emulation in Luma settings (Press Select when booting the console). Then:
  • Create a folder named locales inside luma.
  • Create a .txt file with game's title id as the name (look them up on www.3dsdb.com).
  • Inside the file,
    • Put 3 characters for the region ("JPN", "USA", "EUR", "AUS", "CHN", "KOR", "TWN").
    • Put an empty space.
    • Put 2 characters for the language ("JP", "EN", "FR", "DE", "IT", "ES", "ZH", "KO", "NL", "PT", "RU", "TW").
  • For example, to play Pokémon™ Y in Japanese language and region:
    • Create 0004000000055E00.txt.
    • Put in JPN JP.
    • Save.
In this case you'd need Tomodachi Life's title id, which is 000400000008C400, as the name of your .txt
Then, inside the .txt, it should be "EUR [Language code]". For example EUR ES.
I made an account here just to thank you. It worked. Thanks!

MozartDaniel

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Mirkobien I made the whole process and it still doesn't work

EDIT: Nevermind, I found this other option and I can finally play Tomodachi Life

Locale Emulation: While Luma3DS allows games from all regions to be played via region-free patches, some games will freeze or crash if outside their expected region/locale. To fix this, Luma3DS allows emulating your locale.
  • To use this feature, create a locale.txt inside /luma/titles/TID/ file. Edit this text file to include the region (JPN, USA, EUR, AUS, CHN, KOR, TWN) and language (JP, EN, FR, DE, IT, ES, ZH, KO, NL, PT, RU, TW) separated by space. For example, to play Pokémon Y in the Japanese language and region, I would place a locale.txt in /luma/titles/0004000000055E00 containing the contents JPN JP
  • Note: This level of locale emulation is not sufficient for some games; to fix this, improved locale emulation was introduced in Luma3DS v8.0, allowing you to specify a country and state ID (2-digit hex integer), i.e. a European locale.txt played in French would have the contents EUR FR FR 01. This extended locale emulation is not necessary in most cases.

Last edited by MozartDaniel,

Themis3000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same issue, but the suggested fix I find everywhere doesn't work.. I've tried using luma locale switcher, and also tried manually creating a file containing USA EN and I also tried doing USA EN USA 01, but none of that is working. Anyone have any ideas? I'm using a japenese 3ds and a us rom

Themis3000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found the fix! You must enable file patching in the luma3ds menu

Turn off the console, hold select and power the device on, then enable "file patching" (it's named something like that) and then press start to save and press again to get into godmode9, once there press start again to reboot. Should work after that!

Many thanks to u/timchenw for posting this fix on reddit originally

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc