Homebrew Tomodachi Life Error

Spitfirebruh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tl;dr : I receive an error when creating or importing a mii into tomodachi life that crashes the game, and need help fixing the problem.

An exception occurred

Processor: Arm11 (core 0)
Exception type: data abort
Fault status: Translation - Section
Current Process: app (000400000008C300)

When playing tomodachi life on my n3ds, after creating any character, even if I import, I receive an error, I’ve had this error for a while, and was lucky to ever get past it, however I recently erased the save data to restart some things, and forgot about this issue.

When I booted it up after resetting it, it was mostly normal, just said “creating tomodachi life save data” (which when looking in the files, it gets deleted immediately after I get the error), asked me for an island name and to create a new mii, creating or importing a mii is where I get softlocked basically.

IMG_3487.jpeg
IMG_3488.jpeg

This is the error I receive after importing or creating a mii, filling in the information, and then pressing “done”. This error only occurs when creating/importing a mii, and the rest of the game works perfectly fine.

By sheer luck apparently I had created a checkpoint save for the game, which does mean I can play the game any time I want now, but I still can’t create new Miis. Which I need help with finding a solution for.
Post automatically merged:

interesting note: this error seemingly only occurs on the 3ds im trying it on, my other 2 3ds don’t receive this issue (they’re both older models however), I’ll see if I can emulate the game file on citra.

Last edited by Spitfirebruh,

bfebkefwjwgwqjkwee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tl;dr : I receive an error when creating or importing a mii into tomodachi life that crashes the game, and need help fixing the problem.

An exception occurred

Processor: Arm11 (core 0)
Exception type: data abort
Fault status: Translation - Section
Current Process: app (000400000008C300)

When playing tomodachi life on my n3ds, after creating any character, even if I import, I receive an error, I’ve had this error for a while, and was lucky to ever get past it, however I recently erased the save data to restart some things, and forgot about this issue.

When I booted it up after resetting it, it was mostly normal, just said “creating tomodachi life save data” (which when looking in the files, it gets deleted immediately after I get the error), asked me for an island name and to create a new mii, creating or importing a mii is where I get softlocked basically.

View attachment 393439View attachment 393440
This is the error I receive after importing or creating a mii, filling in the information, and then pressing “done”. This error only occurs when creating/importing a mii, and the rest of the game works perfectly fine.

By sheer luck apparently I had created a checkpoint save for the game, which does mean I can play the game any time I want now, but I still can’t create new Miis. Which I need help with finding a solution for.
Post automatically merged:

interesting note: this error seemingly only occurs on the 3ds im trying it on, my other 2 3ds don’t receive this issue (they’re both older models however), I’ll see if I can emulate the game file on citra.
go to godmode and copy the .trim.3ds rom and use that in citra.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto