Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Suji said:
Yeah, I know how bad they are, but I mean.. I'd rather have some kind of idea of what I'm reading than nothing at all. Not to mention that it'd just take a lot of time to get someone to translate them for me.

As for learning, I'm currently relearning Korean, so I wanna just focus on that right now.

Oh yes.
biggrin.gif
Nice, icy cold glares.

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Inori said:
QUOTE said:
Edgey's glare gave me shivers and I nearly melted each time. Of course we'd miss him
Did anyone else LOVE his seeing his face whenever he saw Oldbag?
I do. It's like "OMFG someone get me out of here RIGHT NOW!!" and I always laugh when he does that face
rofl2.gif

By the way, people were talking about other otome games... it has come to my knowledge that Aksys Games is running a survey on otome games, it's looking very promising and may indicate that they want to bring a/some otome title to the western shores? I'd like to ask everyone following the thread to answer and also spread the survey like a virus
smileipb2.png

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jei said:
I do. It's like "OMFG someone get me out of here RIGHT NOW!!" and I always laugh when he does that face
rofl2.gif

By the way, people were talking about other otome games... it has come to my knowledge that Aksys Games is running a survey on otome games, it's looking very promising and may indicate that they want to bring a/some otome title to the western shores? I'd like to ask everyone following the thread to answer and also spread the survey like a virus
smileipb2.png

But if they do, what otome games would we have left to translate?
frown.gif

I suppose we could always start on our JRPGs if that happens.

Jei

Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Jei said:
smileipb2.png

But if they do, what otome games would we have left to translate?
frown.gif

I suppose we could always start on our JRPGs if that happens.
You know it's very unlikely for all the otome games listed in the survey suddenly get released in english, I think there'll always be some of them left for fan translations
yaynds.gif

Inori

Trophies
Website
gokusaishiki.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Suji said:
Yeah, I know how bad they are, but I mean.. I'd rather have some kind of idea of what I'm reading than nothing at all. Not to mention that it'd just take a lot of time to get someone to translate them for me.

As for learning, I'm currently relearning Korean, so I wanna just focus on that right now.

Oh yes.
biggrin.gif
Nice, icy cold glares.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took the survey and just added in TMGS. As for the translation thing, as long as it's not Kanji I can get a vague idea of what's going on, but only if I have reference guides in front of me. That's what I do for Pokemon if my sister asks me some things. She wonders how I can stand to play games like Pokemon and Harvest Moon in Japanese, it's not like it's a visual novel were text actually counts, it's Pokemon and Harvest Moon, they're fairly easy to figure out. She complains that she can't ever figure out where to go, Pokemon Black and White are extremely linear, I have no idea why she thinks it's hard...

Jei

Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Inori said:
Anyway, I took the survey. Was surprised to see the TMGS Series wasn`t on their list of "Which Otome games are you familiar with" (or it was and I`m blind?). Out of curiosity, what is Aksys Games? I mean is it a game developing company of some sort?
As far as I know, they often publish and localize games - I don't think they actually develop software (somebody more informed please correct me if I'm wrong). Here's a list of the games Aksys is somehow involved in. They're also localizing a quite interesting game developed by ChunSoft called "Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors" and it seems like a mystery novel
smileipb2.png

lillsweetty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woooot!

Took the survey. I can just tell I'll love 999, so I hope the game company will consider localizing otome games. I definitely want them over here. Though yeah, you're right. Odd that TGMS isn't on there - but maybe, like with the most famous/classic shojo manga license, the asking price of the japanese companies are simply not reasonable for what is in America a niche genre at best. At least manga has had success in America, whereas otome games would be a totally experiment from their standpoint.

You know what they should go for? Fuushigi Yuugi on the DS. There's a sizable fanbase that'll jump. (I don't see them doing any PS2 games though). Pity a Fruits Basket DS otome game was never created (WHY NOT?!), because I think they'd be much more willing to localize that one.

Btw, Edgy-poo is hot. Just saying. Can't wait for AAI2 *squeal* I need my Edgey-poo!!

Stupid question for you: Is the beta test patch out yet...? xD I saw your update on the website talkinga bout test patch 1 & test patch 2... but I didn't think test patch 1 was out yet for testers. Either that or I missed some sort of communication.

Inori

Trophies
Website
gokusaishiki.wordpress.com
XP
Country
lillsweetty said:
Woooot!

Stupid question for you: Is the beta test patch out yet...? xD I saw your update on the website talkinga bout test patch 1 & test patch 2... but I didn't think test patch 1 was out yet for testers. Either that or I missed some sort of communication.

No, it`s not out yet. I think phoenix was just talking about what the patches will involve.

There`s no way we wouldn`t PM you the patch, since you`re on the list xD

Berrypanic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
lillsweetty said:
Pity a Fruits Basket DS otome game was never created (WHY NOT?!), because I think they'd be much more willing to localize that one.

There isn't one? seriously? That's just wrong.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lillsweetty said:
Woooot!

Took the survey. I can just tell I'll love 999, so I hope the game company will consider localizing otome games. I definitely want them over here. Though yeah, you're right. Odd that TGMS isn't on there - but maybe, like with the most famous/classic shojo manga license, the asking price of the japanese companies are simply not reasonable for what is in America a niche genre at best. At least manga has had success in America, whereas otome games would be a totally experiment from their standpoint.

You know what they should go for? Fuushigi Yuugi on the DS. There's a sizable fanbase that'll jump. (I don't see them doing any PS2 games though). Pity a Fruits Basket DS otome game was never created (WHY NOT?!), because I think they'd be much more willing to localize that one.

Btw, Edgy-poo is hot. Just saying. Can't wait for AAI2 *squeal* I need my Edgey-poo!!

No, no patch yet.

I was pretty surprised that quite a few DS otome games weren't on the list, especially my lovely Fushigi Yuugi
wub.gif
(Can't wait to translate it, but it uses a large amount of Kanji, including a lot I don't know yet.)

I love my Edgy, I need more of him! T_T
I guess for now, it's just my dream world v_v

Inori's done with the date choices, she has the easy folders to do(Except for the club folder, that one's lengthy) and we're mainly waiting on me to finish mine, I have tons to do, makes me feel bad
frown.gif

ioukta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
ooh come on don't say that ! this was all done in record time, and we all need to prep, i'm still reading walthroughs to really be in the game, it's all good

just let us know.

Maybe if you have instructions or that word file you talked about we could start with that so when u're done we're good and ready, exemples of what to look for, strategies etc...

IF it doesn't hinder yall's plans of course

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ioukta said:
ooh come on don't say that ! this was all done in record time, and we all need to prep, i'm still reading walthroughs to really be in the game, it's all good

just let us know.

Maybe if you have instructions or that word file you talked about we could start with that so when u're done we're good and ready, exemples of what to look for, strategies etc...

IF it doesn't hinder yall's plans of course

Word file?
Ah, there are also words in the game that you'll have to look up, like Japanese games and words. I put them into romaji though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    +1
    @BigOnYa, yeah most places demand clothes and shoes, unless it's some really back water place that I am unaware of lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, I got lunch money for tomorrow then.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I call uremum alzheimer she forgets to leave
    +1
    Time to start a vape straight nicotine challenge, Darwin be praised!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine if Hitler had vapes, we promise it's not cyanide it'll help you quit nicotine
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please, walk into my patented vape chamber, aka the non smoking area
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around? Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says...