ToeJam and Earl: Back in the Groove gets new release window

Despite keeping relatively quiet about the game's current development, HumaNature Studios has announced that their upcoming reboot of the ToeJam and Earl series is still slated for a release this year. A definitive date wasn't given, but we now have a general timeframe of Fall 2018. The Kickstarted ToeJam and Earl: Back in the Groove had already faced one delay through its development, and to avoid a second delay, the game has dropped its publisher, Adult Swim Games. HumaNature thanked Adult Swim for their efforts, but said that the studio would be self publishing their game from here on out to prevent a further push back on release. The Nintendo Switch version of the game is almost complete and ready to be submitted for certification, along with other platform versions soon to follow suit. ToeJam and Earl: Back in the Groove will be available on PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok this is a indie I'd play. Loved the games back then, definitely picking up wherever the price is the lowest.

Tallion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really can't stand that flash style character animation that some games are using. I know it saves time to bend 2d pictures instead of animating each frame, but it just comes off as ugly to me.

Reactions: TobiasAmaranth

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hate how TJ&E 3 made toejam act like a playa and a dochebag at the same time and he's still going have that cocky ass tude..... and big earl's role is perfect but toe jam's no way in hell i like him any more.

Reactions: TobiasAmaranth

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really can't stand that flash style character animation that some games are using. I know it saves time to bend 2d pictures instead of animating each frame, but it just comes off as ugly to me.
Yea, looks like shit while also giving the impression of absolute laziness with confirmation that they just don't care.

Reactions: Tallion

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why Sega didn't just develop this one them selves? Likewise, where are the sequels to Golden Axe Warrior and Axe Battler? Surely those Zelda clones could have produced even greater Zelda clones! Sighh...

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't even know this was a thing, but in the tone of Toejam.... alright!

Dropping Adult Swim doesn't make much sense, but I'm not in the biz. I would think a publisher would help push a game to production. This may be a sign that Adult Swim feels very strongly about game polishing, which means many bugs could be present at release, but who knows what the real reason behind that decision was.

I loved the first Toejam and Earl game growing up. Busting out an emulator to play with friends was always time consuming but still made for a great night. A remaster on the Switch will just make it that much easier to enjoy in the coming years.

Reactions: Xzi

Tallion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, looks like shit while also giving the impression of absolute laziness with confirmation that they just don't care.

I feel very similar. It's easy to say that a lot of companies don't care when they employ techniques like this. I have to try and catch myself sometimes though. There is also a good chance that they simply do not have the budget to animate things the way they truly would like to, and instead save time and money to focus on other aspects of the game. It is, however, really hard to get past that presentation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-