• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Today, America gets changed forever

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
yeah I'd like to watch everything too.
There probably wont be anything on french TV though so I'll have to use the Internet.
Anybody got a link?

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's going to be hard to turn on a TV and miss it over here.

Our inaugurations usually drag on forever. It's very hard to pinpoint the time when the actual swearing in will happen with all the music and festivites, but it should be around noon EST (GMT -5), with his inauguration address to immediately follow.

Any of our major news outlets will be carrying a live feed online. (MSNBC.com, Cnn.com, etc.)

I'm pretty excited myself. It's going to be quite a day.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Let's hope some teacher at school wants to see it too
smile.gif

I would love to see that immense amount of people tomorrow, all cheering and taking photographs of him.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
smile.gif

I would love to see that immense amount of people tomorrow, all cheering and taking photographs of him.
You're still in school at 6:00 PM? That's about when it will be on in Belgium, right?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Szyslak said:
Satangel said:
smile.gif

You're still in school at 6:00 PM? That's about when it will be on in Belgium, right?

Oh, lol, didn't think about that
smile.gif

No, I'm just at home then, I'll try to watch it!

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
smile.gif

I doubt it, since you don't live in America

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Link5084 said:
Satangel said:
smile.gif

I've just checked the TV programmation for tomorrow, and they are sending it out!
Nice, I'm so watching
tongue.gif

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I would be astounded if I didn't see it at school.
ohmy.gif

In other words. OBAMA = FAIL

Everyone is so excited because he is black. Some guys (I think Howard Stern) when to some ghetto black town and asked which of Obama's policies did they like. He named a McCain policy and they wer all "Awwww yeeeeaaah! I luv me some !" Then he got them Fried Chicken and Kool-Aid!
smileipb2.png

Link5084

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Link5084 said:
Satangel said:
smile.gif

I've just checked the TV programmation for tomorrow, and they are sending it out!
Nice, I'm so watching
tongue.gif

Really? Nice, what channel do you guys have that shows it?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
juggernaut911 said:
I would be astounded if I didn't see it at school.
ohmy.gif

In other words. OBAMA = FAIL

Everyone is so excited because he is black. Some guys (I think Howard Stern) when to some ghetto black town and asked which of Obama's policies did they like. He named a McCain policy and they wer all "Awwww yeeeeaaah! I luv me some !" Then he got them Fried Chicken and Kool-Aid!
smileipb2.png

LOL, that's so good !
Damn, I'm sure gonna remember that one
tongue.gif

He's a very good speaker, just amazing how he can manipulate the crowd, really amazing.
But I'm 100% sure he won't be the 'saviour' of America like they call him. He cannot make all the promises he made happen, it's just impossible.
He probably will be better then Bush (which is not hard
tongue.gif
), but in the end he won't be so good as some people think now.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:
Everyone is so excited because he is black.
Yeah, that's it.
rolleyes.gif
There couldn't possibly be any other reason.

Oversimplification may be the easiest way to approach a complex issue, but it's usually not the most accurate.

Nocturnius

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes indeed. Can't wait to watch it. ^^ Suppose to be around 2 million people attending his speech. That's like a lot man lol. I'm deff going to watch it. People who think he will save america are expecting too much. Obama even said it himself its going to take more than 8 years to fix america. He is going to be the starter of fixing us. Rather than saving everyone. He has not even become president yet and people expect too much of him and other expect he is going to fail. People criticize to much. No one knows for sure how he is going to do. People thought bush was going to do amazing things. Now look. Humans are quick to judge.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Link5084 said:
Satangel said:
Link5084 said:
Satangel said:
smile.gif

Nice, I'm so watching
tongue.gif

It's called Canvas, it's run by the government, and they provide very good coverage of international conflicts, nature and sometimes a good series (Top Gear and Rome)

Link5084

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Link5084 said:
Satangel said:
Link5084 said:
Satangel said:
smile.gif

Nice, I'm so watching
tongue.gif

It's called Canvas, it's run by the government, and they provide very good coverage of international conflicts, nature and sometimes a good series (Top Gear and Rome)

Cool. I hope Obama provides better decisions than Bush. When Bush was president, that's when the worst attack in America (9/11) happened, and I sure hope nothing bad happens during Obama's term

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I wonder when he will be shot (little bad thought maybe, but let's be realistic) ?
I'm sure their will be assaults on his life, that's just bound to happen. Always fun to see the reaction of the president and especially his bodyguards then
smile.gif

Let's hope it gets to YouTube
tongue.gif

Link5084

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
I wonder when he will be shot (little bad thought maybe, but let's be realistic) ?
I'm sure their will be assaults on his life, that's just bound to happen. Always fun to see the reaction of the president and especially his bodyguards then
smile.gif

Let's hope it gets to YouTube
tongue.gif

Are you talking about Obama? Right now he has respect from the Middle East while Bush does not. Time will tell what they will think by the time Obama's term is over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: