To kweh or not to kweh?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho!

Being the phenominal Final Fantasy Fanboy (read: Complete and total geek) that I am, as you gathered from my traditional greeting, I have always wanted a chocobo. Preferably a real one, but I'd settle for a cuddly one. Well I found one on eBay which coincidentally is the exact ammount I happen to have in my wallet right now, about 20 quid. A really rare black chocobo. Granted, the yellow ones tend to be cuter in my humble opinion, but they cost a damn fortune for an official one. This one claims to be official and to be fair it looks legit. But one never can tell. With that in mind I call upon you all for your opinions. Does this look legit, is it worth picking up, simply put, to kweh or not to kweh.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FF7-Final-Fantasy-VI...592687043685336

In other news, I picked up some new PS2 games today. Sonic Mega Collection, boxed but no manual, and Gun, disk only. Ran into these kids on their way to Game to sell a big box of old and mostly crap games, mostly kiddy stuff like Scooby Doo and the like. But I found those two in the box, asked what they wanted for them, they said a pound for the pair so I said deal. For a start I can probably get more than that exchange for Sonic Mega Collection. Gun is obviously untradeable but meh, only cost me 50p.

I'm also helping my little brother set up his new Cyclo. It's not easy since he's one of the media-powered sheep (read: brainless arse wipe) who think anything not Halo or Modern Warfare 2 is automatically 'gay' so finding games he's willing to play is a mission. So to settle the matter I've instead handed his DS and Cyclo over to my neice and nephew for the evening, loaded with movies they wanted to watch. Dear John for my niece 'cause she's 15 and requested it, and Toy Story 3 for my nephew 'cause he's 6 and is pissed off at me for not loaning him my DS so he can watch it. The rule is my DS and PSP never go anywhere, they're with me at all times, nobody else uses them. Ever. Not even family. Besides, my Cyclo is being a bitch at the moment, giving me all kinds of trouble. But my little brother has no such rule. So his DS is on loan until morning. Whereupon it will be my 23rd birthday (hence the chocobo would be purchased with my birthday money) so I won't really care what's going on, I intend to be absent for most of the day.

So once again I ask. To kweh or not to kweh?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I didnt read your post, but as soon as I read the title I was like.. Chocobo?
smile.gif

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Black chocobo rules. It reminds me the first time I tried to breed a golden chocobo... It took me an entire night...

I would say to kweh. 20$ is correct and the plush looks awesome.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It looks legit but at the end of the day the only way to really be sure would be to get a good look at the label. The best thing you can do is go to the official shop for this stuff and compare the two.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt there's an official shop for this sort of thing, they're like 15 years old. It looks pretty legit to me, the label's present and correct. But it is coming from Hong Kong. While it would make some degree of sense since they were probably made there originally then shipped out to Japan for use in the UFO Machines, it does cast doubt on its origins. I've checked out a lot of them and they all seem pretty flimsy when they're blatantly fake, this one seems reasonably well put together. Plus all the fakes I've ever seen were generic yellow chocobos, never seen a black one before.

I reckon I'll kweh. It'd be money I got off my hated aunt (see blog) so it's no great loss. Granted, it would mean I have to dip into my own funding to pay for my brother's birthday present, but whatever. Even after that I should till hve about 25 quid left over. I reckon Kweh unless anyone has any objections, reasons to believe it's definately fake or can point out flaws in how its put together, etc.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Final-Fantasy-VII-Uf...213588694313930

I found that one as well. It seems darker but the design is damn near identical. That one has the tag, so it's reasonable safe to assume it's legit. Mine looks pretty much the same, only cheaper. The only thing that worries me is the address on the cheaper one. 'Default, Hong Kong' yet the price is in dollars. Mine looks more like a silver chocobo (has there ever been a silver one?) whereas the more expensive one is clearly black. Hmmm....

Maybe the one I singled out is fake. What do you reckon? Plus is it still worth picking up even if it IS fake?

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
DarkWay said:
It looks legit but at the end of the day the only way to really be sure would be to get a good look at the label. The best thing you can do is go to the official shop for this stuff and compare the two.

I recognize that symbol anywhere. The plush was made by banpresto.
11353-banpresto_large.png

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
dudeonline said:
DarkWay said:

I recognize that symbol anywhere. The plush was made by banpresto.
11353-banpresto_large.png

So definately legit then? I just this minute finished editing my previous post with new info. But if this one was made by Banpresto then presumably it's legit.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think the really dark one looks better, but that's just my opinion. Pick whichever one you feel most comfortable with (or, perhaps I should put it like this: pick the one your wallet feels most comfortable with).

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My wallet feels it can just about cope with the lighter one, the dark one is quite beyond my budget. Or at least the budget I'm prepared to sink into what is still a cuddly toy, regardless of how you look at it. Still, if the lighter one is indeed legit then it actually looks cooler in my opinion. Never seen a grey/silver chocobo before.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, as today is my birthday and so far it's been a total cataclysm (pounding headache, girlfriend absent, best friend decided he can't be arsed, virtually no money, fucked about by my bank and then my ex and her new fella jump me in town and I got punched in the head in the ensuing battle [Which I won]), my old man is buying me the chocobo as a secondary birthday present. He originally got me Demon's Souls but then my little brother totally ruined the experience for me so I guess the old man thinks he owes me one. So with that in mind, I have decided to Kweh! after all. Getting the cheaper one as money is still tight, plus I reckon it looks better than the jet black one. Plus we know it's official as it carries the Banpresto logo. As a companion of mine pointed out, fakes tend not to carry the icon as due to some complex legal jargon it would constitute another offence. Hence why fake Gameboy games always said Nintondo, or in the case of one I found as a kid, Nlintondlol. With 3 L's. Seriously.

To eBay!

EDIT: Got it. Didn't even need a lure materia
smile.gif

EDIT2: Just got a message from the seller. Payment has been recieved and item will be sent in the morning. Shipping time will be around 17 days. FFS
mad.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's your birthday? Happy birthday then, mate! I hope your Chocobo arrives soon!

(That way I can laugh at you more quickly when it turns out to be a fake after all
ph34r.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn