Hacking Title won't launch on one emunand but works on another emunand

Litle_Bird

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello!

So I've got somewhat of a weird issue experienced it with one title, BotW. So I'm running the latest atmosphere and sigpatches on emuNand, all titles installed works perfectly except for BotW. And it's quite specific, the title launches and works properly aslong as DLC 1 and Update 1.6 is not installed at the same time, if both are installed it crashes during the title launch. The first thing to suspect is a set of bad backups or corrupt nsp:s, which was my first thought aswell. However installing nsps scourced elsewhere results in the same problem. I made sure to uninstall the base game, dlc and update before reinstalling, did everything with Goldleaf 0.10. Saw some threads suggesting booting into Maintenance mode and exiting could solve issues like this, however it did nothing for me.

So that got me into creating a new emunand on another SD-card and installing the same nsps as I had from the beginning, and behold everything launches perfectly, DLC 1 and Update 1.6 can beinstalled at the same time without a crash, but installing to the initial emunand results in the same problem, I.e. it's not a corrupt install, nor is it corrupt files.

This leads me into the question, is there anything I missed that I can do with my first emunand or am I better to create a new one?

Thank you

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

So I've got somewhat of a weird issue experienced it with one title, BotW. So I'm running the latest atmosphere and sigpatches on emuNand, all titles installed works perfectly except for BotW. And it's quite specific, the title launches and works properly aslong as DLC 1 and Update 1.6 is not installed at the same time, if both are installed it crashes during the title launch. The first thing to suspect is a set of bad backups or corrupt nsp:s, which was my first thought aswell. However installing nsps scourced elsewhere results in the same problem. I made sure to uninstall the base game, dlc and update before reinstalling, did everything with Goldleaf 0.10. Saw some threads suggesting booting into Maintenance mode and exiting could solve issues like this, however it did nothing for me.

So that got me into creating a new emunand on another SD-card and installing the same nsps as I had from the beginning, and behold everything launches perfectly, DLC 1 and Update 1.6 can beinstalled at the same time without a crash, but installing to the initial emunand results in the same problem, I.e. it's not a corrupt install, nor is it corrupt files.

This leads me into the question, is there anything I missed that I can do with my first emunand or am I better to create a new one?

Thank you

Try deleting old installations using Settings -> DataManagement

Try a different Installer?

is Emunand on Files or Hidden Partition?

Litle_Bird

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have tried that as well, does not make a difference with uninstalling through data management.

I have tried different installers aswell, both goldleaf and tinfoil.

The emunand is hidden partition, initially created via SX OS, however then migrated to Atmosphere.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried that as well, does not make a difference with uninstalling through data management.

I have tried different installers aswell, both goldleaf and tinfoil.

The emunand is hidden partition, initially created via SX OS, however then migrated to Atmosphere.

You’ve ticked all the boxes then. Not much else to look under. Nothing I would have done differentl. You could try to repair and hope it doesn’t come back but not worth the effort IMO. Making a new Emunand is the cleanest and quickest path to recovery.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...