Titanfall is overhyped

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by WiiCube_2013, Mar 7, 2014.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    I don't mean to hate on the game as I enjoy games that revolve around mechs and stuff but Titanfall is just too much.

Whenever I visit my Facebook for news' updates I get spammed with shit about Titanfall as if there aren't other games to talk about but to be honest, IGN does a lot of Titanfall news although Xbox is by far way more, that may be perhaps Microsoft's trying to aim for Titanfall to be Xbox One's console seller.

Sorry no, Titanfall is also on PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One so there's no way it'll be XO's console seller, will it be the best console version? Yes. Most played? 360, XO and PC. Cheaper? PC and 360.

But I digress, my favourite robotic game is still this PS2 gem:

[​IMG]

Why can't they make "War of the Monsters 2" for PlayStation 4? That'd be awesome!

2. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    First Xbox one major exclusive is hyped to death? Color me surprised.

I don't see any more hype in Titanfall than any other first party release so far this generation. I can understand your frustration if you don't like multiplayer fps games, but otherwise it doesn't differ in any way to say, Nintendo's release of WW HD in terms of a Facebook stream.. :unsure:

EZ-Megaman, Gahars, gamefan5 and 2 others like this.
  3. lokomelo

lokomelo Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Aug 19, 2009
    Brazil
    São Paulo
    I've played the beta... and in fact, it is a bit "meh", nothing special at all... It will not impress anyone at all...

but when the same guy post stuff against the same company with considerable frequency... well... you know...

4. kristianity77

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    They annoying part is though, it will probably get 90% plus on websites across the globe despite being "not that good". I'm amazed to be honest that people aren't bored of shooters by now.

5. DaggerV

DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

Dec 3, 2009
    United States
    It's alright, entertaining enough, but you forget how many people jizz themselves over every iteration of COD and Battlefield.

6. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Ok seriously.
    First off, Your opinion threads are getting really old. You don't bring much to the table with them other then loosely based opinion.
    Second, everyone needs to shut up about it being just another shooter and that it's overhyped and whatnot.

This game introduces so many really neat actions and function to shooters and multiplayer that you don't even realize because your letting it brush off as "IT JUST A PEW PEW LEL FUCK IT, WHO NEEDS IT"

I played the absolute mess out of the beta and loved every goddamn second of it. Not for it's Shooting mind you, or whatever bullshit you'll try to call me out on.
    The parkour system works flawlessly, letting you traverse and move at speeds and with such grace that it's amazing. Something you'd never experience in your typical "pewpew"

The balance between Mech and player is Womderful. No one is more OP then the other, and It doesn't matter how long you've been playing. Everyone can be as good as everyone else with the amazing balance they added to the game.
    It's not like Call Of Duty in the sense that if I've been playing longer, I'll probably be better then everyone else. The balance is set so that anyone can enjoy the game and be on the same skill level.

Third, the Graphical beauty is just Amazing. The textures, the shading, The Little things and all the bells and whistles make this game a true Next Gen game. Which leads me to point 4.

This is the First REAL Next Gen title coming out. Sure there's a version for 360 and PC (and I plan on getting Both PC and XBOXONE versions) but this is the first title to finally show off the capability of Next Gen.
    When Infamous Second Son comes out for PS4, then we can see the true next gen for PS4 as well.

Until then, stop pulling biased opinions out of your ass without truly having an experience to what your playing, or just basing it off the assumption that it's just another FPS.

It earned best of show for a reason. It's a title to really look forward too.

donelwero, Ammako, osirisjem and 5 others like this.
  7. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    This is the Bone's first major exclusive.
    Remember the hype here when WWHD was announced?

8. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library

[​IMG]

9. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    I feel like titanfall is the spiritual successor to MechAssault, since we'll never get that, so I kind of like it. It looks pretty good, I watched my brother play the beta and I was impressed.

10. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    GameWinner @ I saw ads of WWHD here and there, plus a bundle of the game + console but it never came to being so flooded like it is now with Titanfall. Not even GTA V was this much.

chavosaur @ You're a fan of it and that's okay but disrespecting others because they find its advertising to be "spamful" is no reason to bash, it's just the truth that IGN & Xbox promote mostly Titanfall unfortunately but I suppose once the game is out it'll settle down for good.

I'd rather see info about Quantum Break 'cause that looks really cool from what they've shown at E3 or.. a new Conker game.

Edit: Titanfall doesn't have single player sadly so that's one big deal breaker for me as I like to play their SP modes first, and that I'm not a fan of MP modes really.

11. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    I think your first problem is failing to understand why Xbox Would heavily promote an exclusive game for themselves when countless other companies do the exact same thing.
    The second problem would be caring at all what IGN does or says.

Like, I don't understand the logic here. You're mad that they're heavily campaigning something you're not interested in? That's like Opening Facebook and seeing a bunch of people share Coke ads and getting pissed off because you like Pepsi.
    It's advertisement. Game Companies do it all the time. This is no different.

donelwero and EZ-Megaman like this.
  12. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Xbox's promoting this game because for now they have nothing else on the plate to advertise and IGN's a troll bait on Facebook whenever they can they'll make the console kiddies get into arguments or find a flaw about PS4 and expose it as much as possible.

They could be doing publicity properly for this game but instead they're just trying to shove it in everyone's face.

13. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    As stated, it IS one of the most anticipated releases for the console. Of course there going to advertise the hell out of it. If you don't like advertisements why not use AdBlock+?

14. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    First of all, why are you following IGN in the first place?

Secondably, I know you're the big publicity expert, oh, I'm sorry, I forgot, your hype machine is dead.

That is doing publicity properly.

Are the standards so low that people are offended by the mere concept of marketing now?

GameWinner, Qtis, NEP and 1 other person like this.
  15. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Erm...how can it be overhyped if the full game isn't released yet? I get that if you don't care about a certain game, adds for it can get in the way, but shooting down a game before it's even entered the market because it has marketing just says something on the way you are... :unsure:

16. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    [​IMG]

I don't get this criticism of IGN and Xbox. A big game comes out for a system, of course you're going to hype the shit out of it.

nope

17. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    if we're doing opinions, I vastly prefer Hawken :)

18. Logan97

Logan97 G.B.A.T.e.m.p T.e.m.p.l.a.r K.n.i.g.h.t

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Where all things matter
    1. First off Shooters Overall is overhype lol, It make competition, and money. that is the game industry for you, just like when news station talks about a topic, and over does it.

2. The main Reason Titan fall is overhype is because it's next gen. This is always gonna happen with Shooters such as this, but it makes interesting, since it's next Gen, and we really know nothing about it (Except The polish Graphics) That's what make it perfect.

3. WiiCube_2013
    It seems like you been having a bad day with some topics. your opinions are kinda getting... Retro now.

19. Lestworth

Lestworth GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2013
    United States

Isn't every "opinion" biased. Would this, your post of hyping this game, simply be a biased view of the game. I can understand the frustration of people bashing a game before it comes out, and even trying to discredit it when you believe it will be a real next gen title. But you cant sit here and shit on someones opinion and views and say they are biased when everyone's opinion can be viewed as biased especially yours ....

20. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Hmm...with this news coming in, I think the hype train isn't doing its job as it used to be. :rofl: