Hacking Tirimasu or Aroma?

jameshulk4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My Wii U is arriving tomorrow, and I am wondering if I should install Tirimasu or Aroma? I have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to the Wii U and I cannot find a comparison of the two. Advice would be appreciated!

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Think of what you want to do with it.

Are you going to go homebrew heavy? Emulators? Retroarch only works with Tiramisu currently. Aroma's main draw is added functionality via its plugin system. Right now with aroma you can

• Have a FTP server enabled to manage files in real time from external devices
  • Take screenshots
  • Switch the gamepad display with the TV and vice versa
  • Launch compatible homebrew directly from the home menu
  • Pair up gamepads from other regions

jameshulk4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Think of what you want to do with it.

Are you going to go homebrew heavy? Emulators? Retroarch only works with Tiramisu currently. Aroma's main draw is added functionality via its plugin system. Right now with aroma you can

• Have a FTP server enabled to manage files in real time from external devices
  • Take screenshots
  • Switch the gamepad display with the TV and vice versa
  • Launch compatible homebrew directly from the home menu
  • Pair up gamepads from other regions
Thank you, I'm not much of an emulator person so I will probably be using aroma. However I have found out that you can have both installed and boot either one through environment loader so I may be doing that. Thank you!

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Use both. Tiramisu is good for emulation/homebrew

Aroma is good for games/homebrew (not all) on the home menu. And plugins straight up loaded in background.

You can have both but It's up to you on what you want to boot based off your needs.

Last edited by Mayo1990,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Renewed is like following Psi around on his dates, then when he done,