Hacking Tired of reading about failed a9lh installs?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm interested in the trials and tribulations of primitive A9LH installs Lol. I installed mine back in March of 2016 which to be honest was still pretty steamlined a bit. Granted I'm glad it went well considering I didn't follow a guide or even know about one. I had some random dude on the temp walk me through it in DMs. Looking back on that, it could have gone terrible wrong. I was on 10.7 so it wasn't too bad, getting it set up but there was plenty of formatting, emunand to sysnand flashing and it took about 5 hours. Now it takes like 30 mins tops with a fresh SD card/system and it's amazing Lol.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be 50yo in 5 months. I had little/no problem with 2 (U) N3DS and 1 (J) O3DS A9LH/Luma installs, thanks to Plailect's guide and also clancy94's thread, which helped me get around the browserhax block on the 2nd N3DS I did. If my feeble old brain can handle it, I would certainly think it's a piece of cake for all you bright young geniuses.

Last edited by Hanafuda,
Reactions: ItsKipz

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
first attempt was when i traded my brand new 2DS for the original 3DS that already got 2.1 firmware and it was not easy for a noob like me..later i decided to purchase Ocarina of Time 3D cartridge to lessen the hassle of Steel Diver being unreliable, then i attempted the same thing to my New3DS and my daughter's too..next is i did my Pikachu 20th Anniv Ed. 2DS and it was successful, then later got a New3DSXL and out of the box straight to installing CFW..i decided to check on the guide again and it has gotten better and really lowered the difficulty level..

ishygdaft

A mystery wrapped in an enigma
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enjoy bragging~

I've installed a9lh to 7 different consoles and never had any hiccups.

Every model, no problem. I've only done 1 11+ console.. that was a majora's 3ds for a friend of mine. We used field runners.

After everything I've done, that system transfer was by far the most time consuming... taking 7 hours from o3ds to n3ds.

I've also never done the ctrtransfer method but it's apparently a lot more simple.

nickelci

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ctrtransfer is a whole lot faster of a process, i finished 2 more lastnight in about 30 minutes
Ive only had issues once with a dsi downgrade, the save didnt transfer over. Used my franken sd and flashed nativefirm and then downgraded.
Total ive successfully a9lh'd is 4 n3ds xl, 4 o3ds, 6 o3ds xl, no real complications

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P