Tiramisú Brick (help)

CESARE09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I think I screwed up the console, a few days ago I installed Tiramisu (I had cbhc), the thing is that I changed the theme of the console (I have done it many times) but apparently the file was injected wrong, which left me with the loop in the Wii U menu, something that fixed without problems with CBHC, starting in the HBL and then using ftp to fix this, and now with Tiramisú I try to boot the HBL and it won't let me, it gets stuck, I can even open Vwii, but not the HBL, with CBHC if it allowed me, since this had happened to me before, now I can't open the ftp server and change the files.
If anyone has a solution or can tell Maschell that would be great. Because with CBHC the risk of this type of changes was minimal.

It has already been solved, here is the guide from maschell, in case it happens to another user in the future.

Mocha has a mechanism to load a .rpx from the sd card instead the wii u menu, with this it should be possible to boot into an rpx, for example an ftp client.
1. Download the .rpx from https://github.com/Laf111/WiiUFtpServer/releases "HBL-WiiUFtpServer.zip"
2. Rename the .rpx to men.rpx
3. Copy the file to sd:/wiiu/men.rpx
4. Boot into the Wii U Menu
5. This should boot the console into the ftp server
6. Do magic stuff to unbrick via ftp
7. remove that men.rpx from the sd card to boot again into the real wii u menu

Last edited by CESARE09,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I screwed up the console, a few days ago I installed Tiramisu (I had cbhc), the thing is that I changed the theme of the console (I have done it many times) but apparently the file was injected wrong, which left me with the loop in the Wii U menu, something that fixed without problems with CBHC, starting in the HBL and then using ftp to fix this, and now with Tiramisú I try to boot the HBL and it won't let me, it gets stuck, I can even open Vwii, but not the HBL, with CBHC if it allowed me, since this had happened to me before, now I can't open the ftp server and change the files.
If anyone has a solution or can tell Maschell that would be great. Because with CBHC the risk of this type of changes was minimal
What happens when you boot the system while holding X on the gamepad?

CESARE09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Attachments

• IMG_20220109_145424194.jpg
    IMG_20220109_145424194.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 228

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should've compared bytes with file size before exiting after installing a theme. I've been using a theme since like September, and it's never given me a problem. :D

CESARE09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
you should've compared bytes with file size before exiting after installing a theme. I've been using a theme since like September, and it's never given me a problem.
Maschell helped me, in the end it turns out that Tiramisu is much more versatile than it seems, and regarding the installation of the themes, I have noticed that some ftp servers give more errors than others, but in the end I am glad to have found one solution, thanks to you and Maschell for the help.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maschell helped me, in the end it turns out that Tiramisu is much more versatile than it seems, and regarding the installation of the themes, I have noticed that some ftp servers give more errors than others, but in the end I am glad to have found one solution, thanks to you and Maschell for the help.
You were able to get it all working properly? Glad to hear it. The good thing is, that it does seem that while installing themes can go badly (especially if you don't use the right ftp client), they are easy enough to fix if you're using CBHC or now Tiramisu. Still, anyone else not in a permanent CFW, I would strongly advise against installing themes permanently to.

Reactions: CESARE09

CESARE09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Then boot while holding + and enter the homebrew launcher. And stop installing themes.
In fact I was trying to do it that way, but it didn't work, in the end I tried Maschell's method and everything was solved, and btw, I love modifying my wii u, plus I'm happy to know that Tiramisu can replace CBHC even in these situations.

Last edited by CESARE09,

CESARE09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You were able to get it all working properly? Glad to hear it. The good thing is, that it does seem that while installing themes can go badly (especially if you don't use the right ftp client), they are easy enough to fix if you're using CBHC or now Tiramisu. Still, anyone else not in a permanent CFW, I would strongly advise against installing themes permanently to.
Yes, I like to change the look of the menu from time to time, with CBHC I was unconcerned if something went wrong (in fact it happened several times), now that I think about it I was really irresponsible to install themes in that way without knowing in advance if I could recover the brick with tiramisú tools, I was very lucky I guess.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I like to change the look of the menu from time to time, with CBHC I was unconcerned if something went wrong (in fact it happened several times), now that I think about it I was really irresponsible to install themes in that way without knowing in advance if I could recover the brick with tiramisú tools, I was very lucky I guess.
Indeed, I updated my already custom Wara Wara Plaza on the NAND before switching from CBHC to Tiramisu (had to change some of the things the Miis said in regard to quickstarts and whatnot that no longer applied to CBHC or that would now apply to Tiramisu), because I already knew that if anything went wrong when making that change for CBHC, that it could be recovered and fixed so long as I still have CBHC (as I've learned from experience lol), while I wasn't sure what Tiramisu might mean for such recoveries. But it sounds like it's as solid as CBHC for making such recoveries, so that's great to know.

Reactions: CESARE09

CESARE09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Indeed, I updated my already custom Wara Wara Plaza on the NAND before switching from CBHC to Tiramisu (had to change some of the things the Miis said in regard to quickstarts and whatnot that no longer applied to CBHC or that would now apply to Tiramisu), because I already knew that if anything went wrong when making that change for CBHC, that it could be recovered and fixed so long as I still have CBHC (as I've learned from experience lol), while I wasn't sure what Tiramisu might mean for such recoveries. But it sounds like it's as solid as CBHC for making such recoveries, so that's great to know.
By the way, I must also thank you, because I used your two tutorials to completely modify my Menu (and I love to contemplate it from time to time xD), and yes, knowing that Tiramisu covers our back while we continue to modify the console is a relief.

Reactions: jeannotte

Nic2609

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
By the way, I must also thank you, because I used your two tutorials to completely modify my Menu (and I love to contemplate it from time to time xD), and yes, knowing that Tiramisu covers our back while we continue to modify the console is a relief.
hi,so i had the same exactly problem,i did the men.rpx thing and i replaced the "custom menu file" (they were called "Men.pack" and "Men2.pack") with the backup files,but it didnt change anything and its still freezed in the wii u menu startup,what can i do D:

Last edited by Nic2609,

doanbachu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Vâng, thỉnh thoảng tôi thích thay đổi giao diện của menu, với CBHC, tôi không quan tâm nếu có điều gì đó không ổn (trên thực tế nó đã xảy ra nhiều lần), bây giờ tôi nghĩ về nó, tôi thực sự vô trách nhiệm khi cài đặt các chủ đề theo cách đó mà không biết trước liệu tôi có thể khôi phục viên gạch bằng các công cụ tiramisú hay không, Tôi đã rất may mắn, tôi đoán vậy.
xin chào, tôi rất vui khi đọc bài đăng của bạn, tôi đã bị gạch khi tôi thay đổi phông chữ hệ thống wiiu, wiiU bị gạch và không thể vào homebrew, nhưng payloader đã làm việc, tôi đã thử theo cách của bạn nhưng vẫn không, tôi đã sao chép thư mục sai? (chỉ cần sao chép vào thư mục wiiu?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1