Hacking tinkering with emunand, accidentally updated real nand

mike awesome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have accidentally updated my real nand to 4.5 from 4.1. Luckily I was smart enough to try an update my emunand to 4.5 and not a higher nand in case something goes wrong when updating. I have a backup of my 4.1 nand. Can i restore my nand back to 4.1? I know there is no point in doing so since 4.5 is compatible with gateway.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I think there's a hardware flasher way to do it, but as you said, I don't really see the point in going through all that trouble for nothing :)

Daku93

Trophies
Website
usrcheat.cwsurf.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I assume you tried to update the Emunand using a cart as there is no other way to update to 4.5. However the only way to update the emunand is through the system settings. (Be sure to check if GW3D is displayed in front of the version number in system settings before you perform the update.)

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I assume you tried to update the Emunand using a cart as there is no other way to update to 4.5. However the only way to update the emunand is through the system settings. (Be sure to check if GW3DS or something like this is displayed in front of the version number in system settings before you perform the update.)
It's only GW3D :P

mike awesome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you tried to update the Emunand using a cart as there is no other way to update to 4.5. However the only way to update the emunand is through the system settings. (Be sure to check if GW3DS or something like this is displayed in front of the version number in system settings before you perform the update.)

Yeah I updated my emunand with a cart. I did update my emunand to 4.5 with a cart before and it did not update my real nand using an older gateway firmware. Since this happened, I am now scared to update my emunand to a higher firmware. Luckily I was smart enough to try a cart with 4.5

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah I updated my emunand with a cart. I did update my emunand to 4.5 with a cart before and it did not update my real nand using an older gateway firmware. Since this happened, I am now scared to update my emunand to a higher firmware. Luckily I was smart enough to try a cart with 4.5

Aren't you only supposed to update from the Settings Menu? :unsure:

mike awesome

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aren't you only supposed to update from the Settings Menu? :unsure:

you can update emunand form a cart. I did it before. I think i found my problem. I was on an older gateway firmware when i tried the emunand feature which in turn updated my realnand. What I really want to know is can I restore my nand using gateway on 4.5 to 4.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/cKEFoR8kec0?si=ZyebV_OHR6dxXWCE