Homebrew Tinker [Shuffle/Menuhax Theme Manager]

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I ran across that too. After you install, you can just exit using L+R+B+Down and go to the menuhax manager manually and install there. The theme files change, so it still works, it just doesn't exit automatically.
Aye! Thank you and @ihaveamac I now have my miku theme on my japanese 3ds where it belongs! :D Happy day 2 day

Reactions: 15avaughn

15avaughn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, using my awful programming skills (Read: I changed some directories in the part of main.cpp @Rinnegatamante linked to me in this thread) I've compiled a version of Tinker.3dsx that will work on Japanese N3DSes that doesn't require putting all the files on the root.

However, since the payload stuff is still messed up, instead of it going to Menuhax directly, you have to go back to the HBLauncher with L+R+B+Down and go to Menuhax manually. Still, at least this way I can compile a new lpp-3ds.3dsx for lua programs, so that I can actually have multiple until the payload is fixed.

Here's the Tinker.3dsx

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, using my awful programming skills (Read: I changed some directories in the part of main.cpp @Rinnegatamante linked to me in this thread) I've compiled a version of Tinker.3dsx that will work on Japanese N3DSes that doesn't require putting all the files on the root.

However, since the payload stuff is still messed up, instead of it going to Menuhax directly, you have to go back to the HBLauncher with L+R+B+Down and go to Menuhax manually. Still, at least this way I can compile a new lpp-3ds.3dsx for lua programs, so that I can actually have multiple until the payload is fixed.

Here's the Tinker.3dsx
you should post the entire source code you used to build that because the GPL requires it. ;) I'd like to see how you fixed it

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Here's the Tinker.3dsx

This is amazing, would it be alright for me to put this in the OP (with credit of course)?

great :D waiting the possible .3ds version for gateway users
definitely we need a cia version of this homebrew! :D

I'll look into getting .cia and .3ds versions out, I've never done it before though and I don't have anything capable of running them to test them so it'll probably be sort of buggy.

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sure, that'd be great!

Ok so I gave making a .3ds/.cia a go. I couldn't figure out how to get a .cia but I did make a .3ds file (http://jmp.sh/Q4Ytoe1). For anyone who wants to use it, be aware that I haven't tested it at all since I have no means of doing so. You probably still will need the resources the .3dsx form needs, so grab the regular download and throw index.lua and all the various .pngs/.ttfs into the same folder as the .3ds file. Again, I have no clue if it will work at all. If anyone wants to try and make a .cia, feel free. The .elf is on Github and if you want the banner/icon .bin files just give me a shout and I'll upload them.

EDIT: New version 1.0.2 available, still just minor additions. Changelog is on Github/in the OP.

Last edited by HeyItsJono,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +2