Tinfoil issues

3XiLED

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening all,

I have problems with getting tinfoil installed I accidently updated to the latest firmware (13.2.1) and have atmosphere updated to the latest and the sigpatches.

When I try to install tinfoil it says 'the software was closed because an error occurred'

I've been trying everything I can think of but no joy! Any help would truly be appreciated!

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good evening all,

I have problems with getting tinfoil installed I accidently updated to the latest firmware (13.2.1) and have atmosphere updated to the latest and the sigpatches.

When I try to install tinfoil it says 'the software was closed because an error occurred'

I've been trying everything I can think of but no joy! Any help would truly be appreciated!
Try wiping tinfoil folder and reinstall tinfoil. Try holding R before booting tinfoil ?

3XiLED

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try wiping tinfoil folder and reinstall tinfoil. Try holding R before booting tinfoil ?
Thank you for your swift response.

I have deleted tinfoil by pressing + on the switch and tried to reinstall it but it keeps coming up with the same error message when I go to try and install it.

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have deleted tinfoil by pressing + on the switch and tried to reinstall it but it keeps coming up with the same error message when I go to try and install it.
Remove the folder from sd card. and redownload to sd card. Use the NRO . Should not need installing then.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good evening all,

I recommend using TinWoo Installer instead.

derui

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg

hello
try installing tinfoil as an .nsp instead of .nro, i think it doesn't install correctly because of the sigpatches

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Good evening all,

Did you use the right sig patches? Different sig patches are needed depending on whether you use fusee.bin or package3 (look at your hekate_ipl.ini in SD:\bootloader) if you launch Atmosphere directly and not through hekate then you are using fusee.bin.

Hopey123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you use the right sig patches? Different sig patches are needed depending on whether you use fusee.bin or package3 (look at your hekate_ipl.ini in SD:\bootloader) if you launch Atmosphere directly and not through hekate then you are using fusee.bin.
how do you find out what kind of sigpatches needed for that?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
how do you find out what kind of sigpatches needed for that?
As already mentioned in the post it depends on whether you use fusee.bin or package3. And the download page for the sig patches should have sig patches for both Hekate and Atmosphere, which actually is referring to package3 and fusee.bin respectively. You can load fusee.bin from Hekate and you would use the Atmosphere patches not the Hekate ones, since fusee.bin loaded through Hekate is the same as loading fusee.bin directly. But when you use package3 Hekate is acting as the bootloader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/X2x6pu6vSjU