Homebrew Question Tinfoil HBG Ending:Replacement?

Bachato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno if you're already fine with this or need more information:
https://blawar.github.io/tinfoil/custom_index/

Thanks I will definitely check it out.

Neither. Hbg is only a game source that you can add to tinfoil. It is not part of tinfoil, it does not come included in tinfoil, is not a frontend etc.

Ive heard partyshop is dead but i havent tried it to confirm. Funny how many dead shops ive heard people recommend in the last few days, everything from nxshop to carrotshop to milkinthebox, never thought id hear that one again. Undershop and the little spinoff are gonna be at quota 24/7 with their new traffic.

I appreciate you explaining in a bit more detail. I am new to the scene an trying to play catch-up only to find out, certain things don't exist anymore or being shut down.

Ibcap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I will definitely check it out.

I appreciate you explaining in a bit more detail. I am new to the scene an trying to play catch-up only to find out, certain things don't exist anymore or being shut down.
You can donate to hbg to get stash access (which i recommend if for no other reason than they need the money to dump most of the games that we use) but for a replacement to the shop just use jits. It has more games and is updated more frequently.

Reactions: mathew77

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I believe it's okay to say the names of other Tinfoil shops. Somebody remove this post if it's not. Off the top of my head, there are:
Probably OK to mention abbreviations but I would be very careful with mentioning full names.
Its only ending towards non donators.
Donators have drive access, which can set up their own servers pointing to the drive.
Will the drive still be updated though? It's not much useful if it's just an archive - there are already many of those.

Reactions: Reecey

Ibcap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will the drive still be updated though? It's not much useful if it's just an archive - there are already many of those.
Yes it will. Hbg will still be dumping games which jits/rebirth etc will continue to distribute, which is why i still encourage donating to them. Ironically hbg is basically turning into notcdn.

LiveMChief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it will. Hbg will still be dumping games which jits/rebirth etc will continue to distribute, which is why i still encourage donating to them. Ironically hbg is basically turning into notcdn.
Pardon me for the ignorance but what is notcdn?

Ibcap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pardon me for the ignorance but what is notcdn?
Back in around 2018 the dumping scene was pretty ununified. Multiple people were dumping, most notably a couple people who took donations via wareznx but there was no real network or connection between servers. Notcdn changed that by establishing a group independent of any particular server that took donations from and provided to every group, including wznx, hbg, switchpirates and others. I say its ironic because the team quit due to a fight they had with hbg and basically said "fine, if youre gonna be like that then you guys can do the dumping."

LiveMChief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back in around 2018 the dumping scene was pretty ununified. Multiple people were dumping, most notably a couple people who took donations via wareznx but there was no real network or connection between servers. Notcdn changed that by establishing a group independent of any particular server that took donations from and provided to every group, including wznx, hbg, switchpirates and others. I say its ironic because the team quit due to a fight they had with hbg and basically said "fine, if youre gonna be like that then you guys can do the dumping."
Damn, wish things were still like that, thank you for the detailed insight!

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Right I renember they, quit because hbg made a public shop. Well the only thing thats annoying me is that I have to get a new shop now xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Reactions: mathew77

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I already had jits and other alternatives tho hbg seemed to be the one that received the most updates, I guess that for now games will just coming a bit later than usual
Tho I've never heard about Chaos Shop and I can't find anything about it

Ibcap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I already had jits and other alternatives tho hbg seemed to be the one that received the most updates, I guess that for now games will just coming a bit later than usual
Tho I've never heard about Chaos Shop and I can't find anything about it
I think you have it the other way around, jits should be getting new additions as soon or sooner than hbgshop. Hbg was pretty frequently a few days or weeks behind, only their donor stash was up to date. Chaos Shop if im thinking of the right shop is run from a small server named switch hacks (no it is not the original switch hacks) and is just a clone of UPs shop with his permission.

Ibcap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is JITS a fork of Atmosphere with a shop built in?
Not really but kinda. Originally we started as just a shop and I basically refused to allow any packs to use our stuff. Skipping over a bunch of old drama no one cares about anymore, eventually we eventually decided to make a pack but keep it as clean as possible (just atmosphere, tinfoil with jits, an updater app and sigpatches). Jits itself is just a shop, the jits aio is the shop plus atmosphere and the patches if that makes sense.

Bachato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really but kinda. Originally we started as just a shop and I basically refused to allow any packs to use our stuff. Skipping over a bunch of old drama no one cares about anymore, eventually we eventually decided to make a pack but keep it as clean as possible (just atmosphere, tinfoil with jits, an updater app and sigpatches). Jits itself is just a shop, the jits aio is the shop plus atmosphere and the patches if that makes sense.

It make sense thanks. I was mostly confused because I have never found a clear set of installation instructions and when looking at the GitHub page I see the assets both have Atmosphere and Sept folders. So I never saw the shop by itself. FYI...I am very new to the scene I got my first switch in June of this year. Ive only heard about the shop within the last month.

Ibcap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It make sense thanks. I was mostly confused because I have never found a clear set of installation instructions and when looking at the GitHub page I see the assets both have Atmosphere and Sept folders. So I never saw the shop by itself. FYI...I am very new to the scene I got my first switch in June of this year. Ive only heard about the shop within the last month.
Shops dont really exist as a thing you put on your sd card. Theyre just a url you add to tinfoil that we distribute on our discord server and in the pack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s