Tinfoil can not find files on USB

  • Thread starter Thread starter Virdoo
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 12,800
  • Replies Replies 12

Virdoo

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2016
Messages
1,231
Reaction score
113
Trophies
1
XP
3,143
Country
Croatia
Hello,

I've tried to install files over tinfoil and nut. Problem is that Tinfoil can not found anything on usb/usbf althought Nut found them. I've tried to install usb drivers, but it didn't worked out. Is there a way to fix that?
 
I recommend dbi (https://github.com/rashevskyv/dbi/releases/tag/336) (you only need the nro app)
You don't need anything other than the app itself on your switch and here is explained how to install from usb https://github.com/rashevskyv/dbi/blob/main/README_ENG.md#run-mtp-responder
If you want to install through USB with DBI then just use the "Install title from USB" option (https://github.com/rashevskyv/dbi/blob/main/README_ENG.md#install-title-from-usb), MTP allows file transfers overall if you really want to first copy your files over
 
Hello,

I've tried to install files over tinfoil and nut. Problem is that Tinfoil can not found anything on usb/usbf althought Nut found them. I've tried to install usb drivers, but it didn't worked out. Is there a way to fix that?

Yea i had the same issue a few days ago, spent hours trying to figure it out and it just wouldnt show any files.
I installed the tinfoil_driver.exe on the pc, ran NUT and then started up tinfoil 13 on the switch and it says connected but wouldnt show anything usb/usbf.
Was really late and I shut down the pc and went to sleep.
Next day it connected and I could see the files without doing any changes :|
 
I'm currently struggling with the exact same issue w/ the same Tinfoil and Nut version. I tried a lot of solutions from other threads / forums but none worked for me.

Were you able to make it work? @Virdoo
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted