TimeSplitters 4 (Nov 7, 2008 Prototype)

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a Reddit thread that explains how to get the game working:

Interesting as it is, I think I'll just watch a YT video about it instead. I've not had much luck using prototypes as they're not simple drag-and-drop as retail games.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Notes from the Palace Site:

Notes​

• Crashes while playing on RPCS3 (as of March 6, 2024).
  • Comes with one map. Loads immediately into it upon launch. Quitting takes you to a modified TimeSplitters: Future Perfect menu.
  • Circle + dpad up adds bots to the map
  • Circle + dpad left toggles invincibility
  • Circle + dpad right toggles vsync
  • X + dpad left is suicide
  • X + dpad right shows the pitch message. X + dpad down shows less information, X + dpad up shows more information.
  • M on keyboard shows performance metrics.
  • V on keyboard toggles vsync
  • Pressing circle with the shotgun will result in the game crashing with an assert that it couldn't load the animation for the shotgun melee attack.

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got this working on 4.91 CFW Evilnat CEX.

You MUST install and use ManaGunZ to load the prototype game.

If using CEX CFW (or HEN), don't skip step 3 even though it says "HEN only". Otherwise loading the EBOOT.BIN file will just exit to the XMB menu.

If the EBOOT.BIN is not resigned, the game will ONLY work on DEX (C)FW. Not sure if PEX CFW would work, but it probably won't.

For resigning, you should instead follow the "Step 3" of this guide: https://www.psx-place.com/threads/guide-properly-sign-sprx-and-eboot-for-hen.24449/

Skip step 5. I don't know why this is mentioned in the instructions since there is very clearly no "assets" folder at all.

Notes:
The game folder (TEST0123456) doesn't need to be in the hdd0:/GAME folder. Backup loaders won't even know the game exists since there is no PARAM.SFO (and the same reason why you cannot create a valid ISO image of the game).

Console crashes (and hard reboots) when the game is quit through the XMB. Not sure if this is a CEX problem or in general a problem with the game.

To be completely honest, the instructions are somewhat poorly written and glosses over details like needing a DEX unit if the EBOOT isn't resigned, or, the EBOOT needing resigned if using HEN FW and not CEX CFW, as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto