Hacking Time to update

sens1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a few months since I last updated my wii, and I have no idea what I need to update for the latest games. Part of my confusion comes from Preloader (v0.29) telling me I have IOS v60 and the Homebrew Channel telling me I have IOS 55 v20.29. First off, is this nomal?

Here's what I've got.

Firmware 4.0U
System Menu v417
Homebrew Channel 1.0.3
Preloader v0.29
Two different IOS's (see above for explanation), IOS 55 v20.29 and IOS v60
Bootmii installed but no boot 2

I really want to get this right before I jump back in. What needs to be updated? Anything I need to watch out for that I've missed from the forums?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just follow xzxeros guide at the top of the board.It will update you to the latest system menu firmware as well as update all your ios files.

From the looks of it your on system menu 4.0U

Your HBC is outdated 1.0.6 is the latest version

Preloader is outdated as well but if you do update to 4.1 or 4.2 using the guide then your current preloader will be removed.Just get the latest version of it after you update and reinstall it.

sens1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! I'll try that out. And yes, I have 4.0U.

Are there any potential bricks I need to worry about regarding preloader 0.29? In other words, will it be removed for me or do I have to mess around with a preloader uninstall. I know preloader has caused major issues in the past, so just making sure I don't screw this up.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When you install the newest system menu wad preloader wil be overwritten.Just make sure you read the guide carefully about updating manually.If you install things in the wrong order it could cause a brick.

(Installing system menu wad before the ios file needed by the system menu.)

before you upgrade though i would remove all hacks you currently have applied.

sens1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is preloader still advised, or is there something better/new that replaces it? Also, is there some new magic hack that I'm not aware of that prevents bricks, etc? If not, I'll just follow what you said and the guide. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.