ticket.db on N3DS with GW

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Rubymeow, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Rubymeow
    OP

Rubymeow Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2015
    Manchester, UK
    Hey guys!

I've got a N3DS LL with a Gateway coming, and CIA's look by far the easiest way of playing games (through the emuNAND). To my understanding, you can update emuNAND to the latest version, go online, eShop etc... so therefore you have a ticket.db (which, in turn, you can make legit CIAs with).

I've read you can "xor the nand and decrypt it" to make the CIAs with, but I want to do this for the emuNAND. Is there a guide available on how to do it? or if I do it for my sysNAND, will that be enough?

Thanks!

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    You're a little misinformed. Emunand on a New 3DS can be updated to 9.5.0-23 and you can't make CIA's legit but you can install legit CIA's to your Sysnand or Emunand and play them without any CFW. Any CIA will run while in gateway Emunand

Last edited by Xenon Hacks, Sep 20, 2015
    MelonGx and lemanuel like this.
  3. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    You can't update emuNAND on N3DS to the latest firmware, max 9.5 by far. You can only make legit CIAs of yours (purchased titles) or pre-installed games. AFAIK, there is no way to get ticket.db with GW, you need to run Decrypt9 to dump it. Here: https://github.com/Shadowtrance/Decrypt9/releases

Last edited by thaikhoa, Sep 20, 2015
    MelonGx likes this.
  4. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Did you make sure the new 3ds you bought wiil come with firmware 9.2 or less?

5. Rubymeow
    OP

Rubymeow Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2015
    Manchester, UK
    Can you use the emuNAND on that vers to go online?

6. usernametaken

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
    To play online, only the game needs to be up to date.
    To go into the e-shop, you can install then launch FreeMultiPatcher then have access.

lemanuel likes this.
  7. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    It's possible now?!
    I can only dump all my purchased ones in unsigned CIA format.