Hacking ticket.db dumping / eShop Preloads?

_eyCaRambA_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

so it's been a while since I last used the eShop (December 2014 I think lol), so I'm out-of-the-loop regarding the following questions.

1) What is the most efficient way to dump a ticket.db from O3DS EmuNAND? I have two JP O3DS (XL) running Gateway and I updated them to the latest FW the other day - everything works fine. One is on 9.2 SysNAND the other is on 4.x SysNAND. Doesn't really matter where I'll download the stuff I want to dump since I'll install it on my EU N3DS anyway.

2) What is the best way to build a cia from the previously dumped ticket.db? Is FunkyCIA still the go-to tool for this or have other tools been released that offer the same functionality?

3) How do the (recently I think) introduced eShop preloads work? Could I dump the ticket + preload, decrypt it on release and then build a cia from it? If so, which additional tools are required?

Thanks for any replies!

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
3. Preload games are using SEED encryption. Those SEED key which is essential to decrypt things will not released until the release day.

I don't think that's always the case. I noticed that the Gunslugs 2 seed was available at least 4 days before release. I've just looked through a bunch of upcoming games, and a lot of them have their seeds published.

EDIT: Oh, you're talking about preload games. I should read better before posting. The only upcoming preload game I can see is PMD, and its seed isn't available. But the release is still 11 days away, so I'll keep an eye on it as release gets nearer.

Last edited by windwakr,

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think that's always the case. I noticed that the Gunslugs 2 seed was available at least 4 days before release. I've just looked through a bunch of upcoming games, and a lot of them have their seeds published.
That is quite surprising! Well, Nintendo put their concept to prevent hijacking into trash can..

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
For SEED encryption required 3DSwares, the best choice is not FunkyCIA, but to build it manually.

Last edited by MelonGx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol