ticket.db dumping / eShop Preloads?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by _eyCaRambA_, Nov 9, 2015.

1. _eyCaRambA_
    OP

_eyCaRambA_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 22, 2009
    United States
    Right around the cornerâ„¢
    Hey,

so it's been a while since I last used the eShop (December 2014 I think lol), so I'm out-of-the-loop regarding the following questions.

1) What is the most efficient way to dump a ticket.db from O3DS EmuNAND? I have two JP O3DS (XL) running Gateway and I updated them to the latest FW the other day - everything works fine. One is on 9.2 SysNAND the other is on 4.x SysNAND. Doesn't really matter where I'll download the stuff I want to dump since I'll install it on my EU N3DS anyway.

2) What is the best way to build a cia from the previously dumped ticket.db? Is FunkyCIA still the go-to tool for this or have other tools been released that offer the same functionality?

3) How do the (recently I think) introduced eShop preloads work? Could I dump the ticket + preload, decrypt it on release and then build a cia from it? If so, which additional tools are required?

Thanks for any replies!

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    1. Probably with rxTools though Decrypt9 will also work.
    2. Still FunkyCIA2
    3. No idea about this one.

_eyCaRambA_ likes this.
  3. Dean_

Dean_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 11, 2014
    1. Decrypt9 or rxTools
    2. FunkyCIA2 is still the best
    3. Preload games are using SEED encryption. Those SEED key which is essential to decrypt things will not released until the release day.

MelonGx, noctis90210 and _eyCaRambA_ like this.
  4. windwakr

windwakr GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I don't think that's always the case. I noticed that the Gunslugs 2 seed was available at least 4 days before release. I've just looked through a bunch of upcoming games, and a lot of them have their seeds published.

EDIT: Oh, you're talking about preload games. I should read better before posting. The only upcoming preload game I can see is PMD, and its seed isn't available. But the release is still 11 days away, so I'll keep an eye on it as release gets nearer.

Last edited by windwakr, Nov 9, 2015
  5. Dean_

Dean_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 11, 2014
    That is quite surprising! Well, Nintendo put their concept to prevent hijacking into trash can..

6. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    For SEED encryption required 3DSwares, the best choice is not FunkyCIA, but to build it manually.

Last edited by MelonGx, Nov 9, 2015
  7. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    Sorry for hijacking the thread. A short question, is there anyway to edit or modify ticket.db yet? Thanks.