Three Dead in Montreal Train Accident

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just want to take a few moments of your time to let you know of someone I shared a french class with a while back, who often did graffiti. (tagging, mostly.) His tag-name was JAYS. He was a nice guy, fun to talk to, and he pretty much tagged half the west island area of Montreal, haha. . . He was a great guy and had a lot of great friends. On a venture with some buddies one night (around 3.am on Halloween, to be exact,) He was walking along Train tracks with a structure built in a way that soothingly muted almost ALL Of the sound. . . . and before they knew it, they were struck by a train.

They died.

I am deeply upset about this, and so are a lot of my buddies who were much closer to him.

(Story here: http://www.canada.com/news/Three+dead+Mont...487/story.html)

I took the time after hearing of this and finding out about my laptop being DECENT at recording. . I recorded a rough demo of a song I wrote in their favor. I'm praying for their families and friends, and I Can imagine how hard this is for them, he was only between 17-19 years of age, meaning he had his whole life ahead of him.

If you'd like to hear my song, I've uploaded it to FileDen.

Download the song here.

I'm playing a show on Friday, opening up for my friends band, and I'm dedicating my set to the lives lost. I hope you can all pray with me, they didn't deserve to be taken away so early at such a young age.

Thank you. R.I.P, Jays, and the other who died in this tragic accident.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sad.gif
I'm so sorry v_v I don't really know what to say, but you have my sympathy&sorrow.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
I understand how it feels to lose someone you knew like that...even if you only saw them occasionally....Just a reminder of how short life CAN be. I give my condolences and prays. I'll be sure to listen to your song when I can.

EDIT
Nice Song...The families/friends will surely appreciate it

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The loss of life is ashame and you truly have my condolences, but is it just me that thinks walking on train tracks wasn't a particularly good idea in the first place?

And the link isn't working for me.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ProtoKun7 said:
The loss of life is ashame and you truly have my condolences, but is it just me that thinks walking on train tracks wasn't a particularly good idea in the first place?

They were doing graffiti and tagging the train place.

If you ask me, People shouldn't even be remotely near train tracks at night.

But anyway, I feel sorry for the people who knew these guys. Loosing somebody is hard.

Hope you get though this bro

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iFish said:
ProtoKun7 said:

But anyway, I feel sorry for the people who knew these guys. Loosing somebody is hard.

Actually, they're taggers, but they weren't tagging, from what I know they were just going to check out some work other taggers did. I think that specific place is already coated with graffiti. But still, thanks, iFish.
smile.gif
And I checked the link, it works fine for me. .
frown.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sorry for your loss. Not sure what to say, but they had their whole life ahead of them for recompense of all the places they tagged. R.I.P.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sonknuck23 said:
iFish said:
ProtoKun7 said:

Actually, they're taggers, but they weren't tagging, from what I know they were just going to check out some work other taggers did. I think that specific place is already coated with graffiti. But still, thanks, iFish.
smile.gif
And I checked the link, it works fine for me. .
frown.gif

You're talking like tagging is okay. It's still not legal.

I don't mean to say they deserved death though.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iFish said:
You're talking like tagging is okay. It's still not legal.

I don't mean to say they deserved death though.

Leave him be, people do illegal things every day, that includes you, get over it. Someone's mourning and you're telling him about the law? Back off, he has enough on his mind.

You have my sympathies, sonknuck, no one should ever have to lose someone dear to them, but it's the way of the world. As unexpected as death is, it's always best to be with the ones you care for as long as you and they are alive, my deepest condolences.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you, Phoenixgoddess. And no, iFish is right, although I would normally be hyper defensive because I tag as well, it is illegal, and there's no other way of putting it. But they were just kids being kids, and they were taken away way too early. Anyway, it's messed up, is all.

Hopefully my show will go well Friday, i'll be dedicating it to those who passed away and their families.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hope your show goes well..

Wait, You tag? .__.;
I wouldn't have expected that.

Anyway. Were you and him good friends? like, hang out often?

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorrta reminds me of my 16 year old friend dead from spinal cancer about 2 years ago I like that your paying tribute my friends mom started to write a bio when her daughter's cancer was prenounced terminal and it is complete now i have a copy they are (or maybe already have) working to release it to b&N called "Meghan's story not just another statistic" it benifits the cancer society here in the US

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.