Thoughts on the FFXIII-2 demo?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by prowler, Jan 11, 2012.

Jan 11, 2012
  1. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Well the FFXIII-2 demo is out for all regions now, how do you like it (or not like it), is it better than FFXIII or do you prefer Lightning and co.?

- I like it, not sure if I like it more than FFXIII yet but I'll wait until I get my hands on the main game to judge.
    - Battles seem faster and I love the transition into battles.
    - Crystarium is different... I got a little confused at first but it's great not being locked down.
    - Quick time events are good and from the ending of the demo show they aren't there to annoy you, they're there to make you experience the battle more.
    - They didn't seem to show off the OST in the demo, they actually reused some tracks.
    - Love how open it is from what's in the demo and there is actually choices!

This isn't a thread about how XIII-2 should be like this Final Fantasy or how you've lost all hope in Square Enix and they should just die unless they make another 2D FF, it's your impressions on the demo and how it compares to XIII (if you played it and liked/disliked it)

1 person likes this.
  2. Valwin

Banned Valwin The Neautral Gamer

United States
    to be honest i play it yesterday i dint like it i guess FF no longer interest me cuz the game feels like a movie and not game

3. naglaro00

Member naglaro00 Mildly disturbed

Philippines
    There's something about the graphics that had me turn the console off after the first fight

or maybe it's just me

4. megabug7

Member megabug7 Forum Relic

United Kingdom
    The only thing that grated me was Mog's 'Kupo'- I wish they used the sound effect like this...

...rather than the voice which was cringeworth. ugh :(

For the rest the demo was awesome :)

5. Valwin

Banned Valwin The Neautral Gamer

United States

did you feel the mogle was made in shitty anime creature ? cuz that what it felt to me

6. megabug7

Member megabug7 Forum Relic

United Kingdom
    Well aside from having a crystal above it's head rather than the soft looking ball - 'he' seems to look like a Moogle.

Take a look at the image and the below video http://gematsu.com/2012/01/final-fantasy-xiii-2-moogle-trailer

I'm just glad they didn't go for the bunny looking Moogle from the FF Tactics Advance and FFXII series (further down that page)