Hacking Thought on making the downloads smaller

revnull

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just realised whyall your files are the same size - sounds like you have an incorrect key.bin if that is faulty then it's impossible to mark which sectors are used and you'll get, to all intents and purposes, an empty file.

I had the same problem. Can you add key.bin validation to the next version? I think this would help people avoid this problem in the future.

oldskool75

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I thought the scrubbed iso and the original were supposed to be the same size?

I grabbed this from a backup, and then scrubbed it.

Code:
karaoke_revolution_presents_american_idol_encore-Wii.iso     Â- 4,700,307,456 bytes
karaoke_revolution_presents_american_idol_encore-Wii-Scrubbed.iso - 4,699,979,776 bytes
Scrubbed Rars                           - 4,272,862,391 bytes

I did burn both iso's and they both seem to work...

Any thoughts?

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Normal wii size is 4,699,979,776 bytes, scrubber code only copies that amount.

Version I have on my hard disc at present would have worked correctly, and has a bit of key validation (without containing the key
smile.gif
)

sircid

Trophies
XP
Country
sircid

That would require re-signing the disc which currently cannot be done.

I have readed post complete and my conclusion is:
- Program desencrypt ISO and detect where the rubbish are.
- Program replace rubbish (now programs know where rubbish is on encrypted data) with 0x00s on encrypted data, not making any change on game data.

And if you remove that rubbish, you need to encrypt game data desencrypted. And until now, noone knows how to make this. Am I right?

PD: Hope you can understand me! Sorry 4 bad english x)!

oldskool75

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Normal wii size is 4,699,979,776 bytes, scrubber code only copies that amount.

That is strange.. I wonder why ImgBurn made a larger sized file for that particular disc...

Anyway, while using your most excellent program (1.0a), I noticed one small bug..

When saving the scrubbed iso, the filename was rather large..
I requested to save it as:
csi-hard_evidence-ntsc-usa-working_uv+flashlight-WiiScrubbed.iso

But it saved as:
csi-hard_evidence-ntsc-usa-working_uv+flashlight-WiiScrubbed.is

(note the missing 'o'.. is there a length issue?

Btw, kudos to you for your diligence and hard work over a very short period of time. Your efforts to the community are appreciated by all, even though the newbs out there don't always show it or give you credit for it.
smile.gif

(Now if only scene release groups would adopt it quickly...)

Dack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Definate length issue. I've sorted it out in the latest version
smile.gif

And added Gamecube mode
And allowed for bigger than 4 gig files..

Rebound

Trophies
XP
Country
Just saw a scrubbed game on the internet for download, it was 440 mbs

To bad it was some crappy london taxi rush hour game

jonyah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I must be dumb because I can't find anything about creating or dl/ing a key.bin file and yes, I've looked extensively through google. Have links been removed to this, or am I missing something? I have 900Gb of iso's that are begging to be compressed and would sure love to not have to go buy another drive.

Edit: finally found what I was looking for and am busy compressing my library. After using this for a while, I do have one feature request. It would be really nice if you could queue up games to scrub. Otherwise, thanks for all the work.

victormanuel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys.... so do i need the"ubiquitous key.bin". because every time i open wiiscrubber it tells me unable to open key.bin, is the program running normal like that or do i really need the "ubiquitous key.bin"????

can some one help me find this soo call key.bin?

thanks guys

getrehl

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I may be missing something, but how does this app vary from WiiScrubber? The excess padding on the DVD is removed or rewritten to a manner which is then compressible with winrar, winzip, ect. When compressed the .iso is smaller for storage or transfer. When burned the DVD will still show 4.7 gigs. I'm just looking to clarify any advantage over WiiScrubber which I have used for about 2 months with no issues.

noir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
getrehl said:
I may be missing something, but how does this app vary from WiiScrubber? The excess padding on the DVD is removed or rewritten to a manner which is then compressible with winrar, winzip, ect. When compressed the .iso is smaller for storage or transfer. When burned the DVD will still show 4.7 gigs. I'm just looking to clarify any advantage over WiiScrubber which I have used for about 2 months with no issues.

Not a thing.
You didn't read much of this thread, did you?

getrehl

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After reading about 2 pages and not seeing any difference and quit. I did not see the reason for all the hype and thought I had missed something. Thank you.

noir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
getrehl said:
After reading about 2 pages and not seeing any difference and quit. I did not see the reason for all the hype and thought I had missed something. Thank you.

No worries. I decided to read the first page of posts and after seeing reference to calling it "Scrubber" I saw the original post date and put 2 + 2 together
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y