Hacking Those who ordered from foundmy, did they call you?

Ryvius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
News: Mar 4, 2007
- We still are processing some wiikey orders but our fist batch is gone; but officially we have been told our next batch of wiikeys are to arrive by end of week to us!
- Once we have filled all the pre-orders the stock status will be INSTOCK at that time

i wonder if that still applied which means they should have them tomorrow, but i doubt it worst place i ever ordered from

Exactly, they said the second batch will arrive in a few days, that's why I ordered from them and now it's been over a week and still no update.

Presto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
News: Mar 4, 2007
- We still are processing some wiikey orders but our fist batch is gone; but officially we have been told our next batch of wiikeys are to arrive by end of week to us!
- Once we have filled all the pre-orders the stock status will be INSTOCK at that time

i wonder if that still applied which means they should have them tomorrow, but i doubt it worst place i ever ordered from

Exactly, they said the second batch will arrive in a few days, that's why I ordered from them and now it's been over a week and still no update.
i wouldn't be so pissed if they were upfront and honest

rustyself

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they are worthless- i have tried contacting them MANY MANY times- i ordered mine on the 20th of february. they WILL NOT respond to emails. this is about the worst service ive ever dealt with, even on line.

im very unhappy, and have requested a refund. there are too many good companies to give money to a shady outfit like foundmy.com

chronjohnson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Heh I was ready to cut their balls off myself too, probably have to edit some posts around cyberspace in fact...all I had to do was call the number on the first page of this thread (business, not home) at like 5 in the morning Canada time on a frustrated whim and the owner picked right up and told me why there is a delay. He didn't make any false promises, told me it would take some time and the best some recent customers might be able to hope for is a refund due to technical issues. Sounds fairly legit. I've done business in the past and they've always answered emails. Even during the modchip raids I emailed to ask why their balls weren't big enough to keep their inventory and they wrote right back and told me to just stay put. A lot of modchip companies are shady out there...this isn't the first past-midnight call I've had with a reseller, but it's the first I've initiated and the first pleasant one. Just like every email communication has been pleasant. Sometimes there's been a delay in shipping but it's always here 2 to 3 days after being sent. I still don't know what to do about getting my modchip in a timely manner or if I will, but it's clear that foundmy.com isn't a scammer site now and from my past experience it's never been. Anyone who's ordered in the last week should take heed of this, I probably should have made a new post. But I was reading this, saw the number, and am enlightened. Their site has experienced a complete crash and has been down a week, with the potential of a partial or full loss of orders. There is however no potential for a loss of financial records and no chance that refunds will be deliberately withheld. I've seen people whigging out in the last few weeks. I'm not sure why people have had such problems in the past. I'm just glad to learn I've not been cheated, thanks for posting that phone number. For a company with no customer service this guy sure does wait right by his business phone waiting to explain your situation to you in full.

klingon888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my experience with foundmy - they do not respond to emails and they dont seem to honor their warranties. my wiikey went dead after 3 weeks and despite numerous emails to them, no response so far. maybe its just me but thats the last time they're ever going to see me as a customer.

chronjohnson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why is everyone's attitude so "oh well, they stole my money, last time I'll ever order from THEM". I'm starting to feel like I've been bullshitted hardcore. He doesn't seem to intend to refund my money nor answer emails despite claiming his servers are back and functional. Does anyone know how to ensure that Visa's Fraud Division prosecutes to the full extent of American / Canadian law?

Edit: oh, apparently posting that causes the website to come fully back to life. Let's see what happens.

Edit again: no record in my customer records of ever having ordered anything. 54 dollars taken from my Visa card.

klingon888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i see i'm not alone in having problems with foundmy. so be cautioned any prospective buyer. i'm also looking at how to dispute with Visa. if you have any luck, feel free to share.

trench02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I ordered a passkey from them last month and recieved it in 10 days. They are not the quickest vendor but at least I got my stuff.

chronjohnson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've ordered three times before this successfully with no problems. This doesn't mean that he hasn't shut down his website and not honored any orders for over two weeks. What if instead of getting your order in ten days, you paid and then waited ten days. During these ten days the website has been taken down, of course, and no emails go answered. Not saying it's his fault, not saying I'll order from him again, not saying it doesn't happen, not saying he's not cooperating with the Federal government to entrap modchip users. Y'know.

Keeps nagging at me though, I know Terry's not crazy and I know he's no fool and does quality business. Maybe he's trying to hold off on refunding money as long as possible until he can recover the necessary data. I still don't see why he can't make a receipt for himself with the info I keep sending him and send out my order.

chronjohnson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have located all tools and information necessary to retrieve my money from his clutches. The bank that issued my card has detailed web forms. Yours will too. One must attempt to resolve their conflict in good faith first. I know you can hear me Terry, I know you can read my emails, I know you're letting your phone ring and go unanswered. I am starting to lose faith in your willingness to return my money. And I and everyone on all relevant videogame console forums knows you're in the wrong and are hastening to delay the righting of these situations.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching...