NULL

Those games you just keep beating

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by BORTZ, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Metroid Fusion. Short game (I usually don't try for 100%) but totally awesome. I play through it when I feel like it, mostly just to try and get a faster completion time. My last try was 1:20 or something I believe.

2. Eerpow

Eerpow *swoosh*

Sep 14, 2009
    ERROR!
    [​IMG]
    Beat this game like 5-6 times in total. Very polished title, with music and graphics that still holds up nicely today unlike so many other games from that era.
    Gameplay wise it's a platformer that can be played co-op. It goes back to the 2D style platformer roots of the four SNES games before it, one of which got released in the west.
    I still listen to the soundtrack a lot btw, it's huge.

KinGamer7 and DS1 like this.
  3. weavile001

weavile001 Spiritmaster

Jun 10, 2012
    Brazil
    somewhere
    valkyrie profile : convenant of the plume
    [​IMG]
    i lke to beat it every weekend since 2010, which means 141 times

Felipe_9595 likes this.
  4. DS1

DS1 伝説の雀士

Feb 18, 2009
    United States
    Yes!
    LOL, I looked at this and I'm like, "What do you mean, I beat new games tons of times!", and then I realized I consider 8 years old to be new. Honestly I think it's because of the tendency for devs to pack a ton of 'content' into one playthrough, so that you spend most of your time trying to collect a bunch of superfluous stuff rather than enjoy the main game several times. I've beat the World Ends With You three times (JP, EU, and US versions), but only 100% on one of them because it takes so long.

The other explanation is that people are really fickle and jump from game to game with a never-ending 'backlog'.

5. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    The PSP has helped me to annualy play all 3 Spyro games 100%. I dont even use Sparx's gem seeker in Ripto's Rage or Year of the dragon anymore, I know where EVERYTHING is. That game was literally my first videogame, so its always a sense of nostalgia when i replay it, it never gets old :3
    A funny story is when I was 4 years old, i was playing the original spyro, and had kept my cousins up to help me with certain things. We had finally made it to Gnasty Gnorc, and I tried a few times to beat it, but couldnt get past the lava platforms part (i was never in time for the last platform)
    So I begged my cousins to beat it for me, but they refused because they were so tired. My aunt (who doesnt play games at all) says "Ill try for you!"
    And I gave her the meanest look a four year old can give, scoffed and said, "It too harder for you, ill just go to bed!"
    Now whenever my aunt has trouble with somthing, she just says,"It to harder for me."
    And that just adds to my Spyro Nostalgia XD

6. weavile001

weavile001 Spiritmaster

Jun 10, 2012
    Brazil
    somewhere
    I completed pokemon white 2, 4 times
    7 if you count black 2

7. emigre

emigre An electric type pokemons

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    [​IMG]

From Love Plus. I have a bad day and when I get home, she ends up nagging me. She winds me up the wrong way and I end up losing my rag. She's responsible for me losing my temper.

8. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo G'nome

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Pokemon RBY, too many time to count just beating the Elite Four and getting Mewtwo, approximately 8 or so times 100% completion.

Legend of Zelda OoT, I've beaten it probably 5 or 6 times. Usually get a craving for it once a year or so and can beat it in a sizable amount of time.

Half Life 1, beat it about 8 times so far and am currently working on a 9th time. Probably one of my favorite FPS games.

The first 3 Spyro the Dragon games, can never get enough of them. I've beaten each one once a year since I can remember, so probably a good 9 or 10 times.

9. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Yeah I've beaten a few Pokemon games a few times over. Pokemon GSC and RBY in particular.

I should probably put Castlevania SotN on there too.

10. jmanup85

jmanup85 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Orlando, Florida
    I'll list my stuff when I'm not posting from my ps3 since I think I got a huge list

11. mechagouki

mechagouki Kill 'em all...

Nov 20, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, ON
    [​IMG]

I've finished this game so many times I've lost count, both GCN and Wii versions, unlocked everything, possibly my favourite game ever.

Lanlan, chavosaur and Ammako like this.
  12. omgpwn666

omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

Jun 14, 2008
    United States
    Florida
    [​IMG]

Ocarina of Time... good god, I can't even recall how many times I beat this over and over again. I always 100% this.

And of course Mario 64!

Oh yeah... =>
    [​IMG]

13. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Rune Factory 3: Beat 5 times
    [​IMG]

Final Fantasy X: Beat 3 times
    [​IMG]

I beat Rune Factory 3 yesterday and FFX a month or two ago again :D

14. Forstride

Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

May 6, 2008
    United States
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I've beaten Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition, Banjo-Kazooie, and TLoZ: Ocarina of Time at least 5 times, and probably more for that latter 2.

15. Lube_Skyballer

Lube_Skyballer GBAtemp Fan

Jul 23, 2007
    Netherlands
    The only thing I keep beating is my wife

16. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo G'nome

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Me too.

Although usually your wife is beating me :tpi:

NahuelDS likes this.
  17. KinGamer7

KinGamer7 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2010
    London
    [​IMG]

You...you're the only one who understands me.

Eerpow likes this.
  18. Tonitonichopchop

Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 9, 2009
    United States
    Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
    I've beaten this game about 3 times without 100% and then another 9 times where I got 100%, excluding making all of Zess T.'s recipes. I just find it to be an incredibly enjoyable game and my favorite to this day.

Super Mario Bros. 3
    I've 100% beaten this game for every console it's been released on (NES, SNES, and GBA). It's pretty much my go-to Mario platformer. And as for simply beaten the game, I estimate I've beaten the game close to 100 times by now.

19. Eerpow

Eerpow *swoosh*

Sep 14, 2009
    ERROR!
    I always felt that the original soundtrack was incomplete because of how it's missing the song transitions between night and day in the game for example, the change of instruments and beat was a really nice touch. Most songs on the soundtrack are about 1-2 min when it really should have been more. This is why I always end up playing the game when I'm reminded of a tune. :P

20. Wizerzak

Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

May 30, 2010
    United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

So many times... :D

NULL