Those games you just keep beating

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Metroid Fusion. Short game (I usually don't try for 100%) but totally awesome. I play through it when I feel like it, mostly just to try and get a faster completion time. My last try was 1:20 or something I believe.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
l.jpg

Beat this game like 5-6 times in total. Very polished title, with music and graphics that still holds up nicely today unlike so many other games from that era.
Gameplay wise it's a platformer that can be played co-op. It goes back to the 2D style platformer roots of the four SNES games before it, one of which got released in the west.
I still listen to the soundtrack a lot btw, it's huge.

Reactions: KinGamer7 and DS1

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does it seem that no one finishes newer game more than once these days?

LOL, I looked at this and I'm like, "What do you mean, I beat new games tons of times!", and then I realized I consider 8 years old to be new. Honestly I think it's because of the tendency for devs to pack a ton of 'content' into one playthrough, so that you spend most of your time trying to collect a bunch of superfluous stuff rather than enjoy the main game several times. I've beat the World Ends With You three times (JP, EU, and US versions), but only 100% on one of them because it takes so long.

The other explanation is that people are really fickle and jump from game to game with a never-ending 'backlog'.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PSP has helped me to annualy play all 3 Spyro games 100%. I dont even use Sparx's gem seeker in Ripto's Rage or Year of the dragon anymore, I know where EVERYTHING is. That game was literally my first videogame, so its always a sense of nostalgia when i replay it, it never gets old :3
A funny story is when I was 4 years old, i was playing the original spyro, and had kept my cousins up to help me with certain things. We had finally made it to Gnasty Gnorc, and I tried a few times to beat it, but couldnt get past the lava platforms part (i was never in time for the last platform)
So I begged my cousins to beat it for me, but they refused because they were so tired. My aunt (who doesnt play games at all) says "Ill try for you!"
And I gave her the meanest look a four year old can give, scoffed and said, "It too harder for you, ill just go to bed!"
Now whenever my aunt has trouble with somthing, she just says,"It to harder for me."
And that just adds to my Spyro Nostalgia XD

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
vdmAO.jpg

From Love Plus. I have a bad day and when I get home, she ends up nagging me. She winds me up the wrong way and I end up losing my rag. She's responsible for me losing my temper.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon RBY, too many time to count just beating the Elite Four and getting Mewtwo, approximately 8 or so times 100% completion.

Legend of Zelda OoT, I've beaten it probably 5 or 6 times. Usually get a craving for it once a year or so and can beat it in a sizable amount of time.

Half Life 1, beat it about 8 times so far and am currently working on a 9th time. Probably one of my favorite FPS games.

The first 3 Spyro the Dragon games, can never get enough of them. I've beaten each one once a year since I can remember, so probably a good 9 or 10 times.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-n64.jpg

Ocarina of Time... good god, I can't even recall how many times I beat this over and over again. I always 100% this.

And of course Mario 64!

Oh yeah... =>
197452_42219_front.jpg

KinGamer7

Trophies
XP
Country
l.jpg

Beat this game like 5-6 times in total. Very polished title, with music and graphics that still holds up nicely today unlike so many other games from that era.
Gameplay wise it's a platformer that can be played co-op. It's goes back to the 2D style platformer roots of the four SNES games before it, one of which got released in the west.
I still listen to the soundtrack a lot btw, it's huge.

fThUS.png

You...you're the only one who understands me.

Reactions: Eerpow

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PMTTYD.jpg
I've beaten this game about 3 times without 100% and then another 9 times where I got 100%, excluding making all of Zess T.'s recipes. I just find it to be an incredibly enjoyable game and my favorite to this day.

Super_Mario_Bros._3_coverart.png
I've 100% beaten this game for every console it's been released on (NES, SNES, and GBA). It's pretty much my go-to Mario platformer. And as for simply beaten the game, I estimate I've beaten the game close to 100 times by now.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
You...you're the only one who understands me.
I always felt that the original soundtrack was incomplete because of how it's missing the song transitions between night and day in the game for example, the change of instruments and beat was a really nice touch. Most songs on the soundtrack are about 1-2 min when it really should have been more. This is why I always end up playing the game when I'm reminded of a tune. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)