Those games you just keep beating

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by BORTZ, Nov 10, 2012.

Nov 10, 2012
  1. BORTZ
    OP

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Im talking about that game or games that you have beaten upwards of 4 or 5 times. The game you are the Prima Strategy guide for. The game you get 100% without breaking a sweat. And youll come back next year for your yearly completion of it again. And again the next. What are they for you?

Title: Super Mario 64
    Beatings: So many. Like all 4 slots at least once (maybe about 6 times) on the 64 version and all the slots on the DS version.
    [​IMG]
    First up for me, its good old SM64. I cream this game about every 1 or 2 years. Last fall on move in day, one of my friends found me sitting in my room with my 3 bags sitting around me (not unpacked yet) and a single chair when were i was sitting, enjoying this game again. Every star, coin, boss, i know them all.

Title: Crash Team Racing
    Beatings: 6 or 7 100% on story mode
    [​IMG]
    Then we have good old CTR. Oh man just thinking about this makes me wanna break out the ps2 again... Maybe my PSP can handle it... Anyways, Omg. SO much better than Mario Kart 64 could ever hope to be. Memorable tracks, music... I love the story mode and beating the boss's faces in...

Title: Mega Man X4
    Beat: At least 5
    [​IMG]
    It takes me only a few hours and im through this game. Its so good...
    One night in college, it was Jersey Shore night (long story; dont ask) one of my friends make a joke, got on the other friend's nerves, and he threw a fan a the kid. Doors were slammed and walls were punched... So i went to my room and beat this game in a night, while piers watched me (the one who threw the fan and punched walls) he was calm and enjoyed watching me the whole way through, as i beat this game for the 4th time.

What are yours? Your lying if you dont have one...

Eighteen likes this.

2. Skixy

Member Skixy Fight me.

United States
    Super Mario 64 DS.
    I never owned a nintendo 64 before, so i downloaded it and tried it out. I loved it. It was just amazing. I beat it up to 5 or 6 times. I really enjoyed it. It wasn't that hard to beat too.
    Also, this
    [​IMG]

Felipe_9595, MasterM, Langin and 4 others like this.
  3. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    There are few games I have beaten a few times, but don't always get 100%

There are two games however that I am always playing and always beating and that's Yoshi's Island for the SNES and Yoshi's Story for the N64.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BortzANATOR likes this.
  4. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    Only yearly?
    I'll beat Robot Ninja Haggleman every week, then I'll do a victory deathless run of RNH2.

Eerpow likes this.
  5. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    [​IMG]

I can get it done in less than 3 hours if I don't care about picking up every little upgrade.
    But if I decide to get everything and finish it 100%, I have to take... say... 12-14 hours, to be reasonable?
    At least that's what I'd guess it took me the last (and only) time I did this. 0 deaths, too.

IgiveUgas and NahuelDS like this.
  6. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
  7. DS1

Member DS1 伝説の雀士

United States
    Good topic. I am the same with Mario 64, I've beaten it around 5 times, 3 100% (all stars).

[​IMG]
    WOTS2: Beaten at least 15 times. Short game but tons of endings and swords to collect. Same with WOTS1.

[​IMG]
    Urban Reign: Beat 5 times on various difficulties. This game is so freakin' good it angers me.

[​IMG]
    Kaidou Battle 2: Beat 5 times, twice 100%. By far my favorite game of all time.

8. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    [​IMG]

Tales of Symphonia. Beat it about 8 times or so now. Can never get enough of it.

Too lazy to post boxarts, every Megaman X game (the real ones...1-6). I play them all the time. I'm a gigantic fan of the games...too bad they killed the series.

DCG, Ammako and NahuelDS like this.
  9. koimayeul

Member koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Castlevania SOTN for me, this game has it all.. Alucard style, secrets filled maps along the surprising upside down version, its infamous 200.6%, gothic/rockish Soundtrack.. What else!?

[​IMG]

Old8oy, Felipe_9595 and MasterM like this.
  10. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    Pokemon FireRed and Pokemon Emerald. I beat one than alternate and beat the other. I find it fun.

11. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    I used to play this game yearly, each time finishing it in a slightly different style.
    [​IMG]
    ...unfortunately, I no longer have the disc. That said, I'm pretty sure I did almost all there is to be done in it.

Felipe_9595 likes this.
  12. Castiel

Member Castiel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I have been playing this game for like 10 years now:
    [​IMG]
    I used to only be able to play it once every year when I went to my grandparents place, but since Nintendo put it up for download from the Wii Shop Channel I can play it any time I like :yay:

Felipe_9595 and IgiveUgas like this.
  13. ilman

Member ilman Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser

Bulgaria
    Mario 64/Sunshine/Galaxies, I go through each one to about 70% every year.
    Sonic Unleashed/Colours, pretty new games, but I've gone through both of them around 5 times 100%.
    Warcraft 3, I've gone through all the campaigns on hard with all sidequests twice, great game.
    Those were from the top of my mind, I'm certain I can think of more.

14. Nah3DS

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I lost track of how many times I beated those two. They're soooo addictive!
    the scoring system of Star Successor makes you wanna play again and again and again
    and the OST is just plain awesome

EDIT: ah!!... I forgot my favourite game
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

15. iMythD

Newcomer iMythD Advanced Member

Australia
    Why does it seem that no one finishes newer game more than once these days?

omgpwn666 and DS1 like this.
  16. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    You have to wait for the next generation of gamers - we are nostalgic over Doom, they'll be nostalgic over, say, Call of Duty. It's a matter of what is contemporary to you and admired by you as a child.

NahuelDS likes this.
  17. Nah3DS

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    in other words... we are old as fuck

jalaneme, VatoLoco and Fishaman P like this.
  18. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    Destiny of all people - become either an old fart who knows that "things were better back in the day" or a creepy grandpa/grandma "still following the trends" by the end of our lives - you only get those two choices. :P

NahuelDS likes this.
  19. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    Super Mario Land GB, usually 3 times in a row. After first time it got harder and the second time you got level select.
    Zelda: Link's Awakening GB/GBC, one of my favourite games of all time.
    Zelda: OoT N64/3DS, done it a fair few times over the years not done master quest yet.
    Too many PC games to count, list includes Max Payne 1/2, Doom and Half Life series.
    Now I have too many games to play that I would likely never complete them all.

20. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I played Twilight Princess maybe like 5 times. It's the only Zelda I can truly say I thought was top-of-the-line excellent. The Oracle games weren't bad though.

Otherwise there's not much I replayed in recent years. Maybe Puzzle Quest CotW but I never beat it, the difficulty just hits a goddamn wall every time and I just quit at that point and come back at a later date. I still have to beat Puzzle Quest 2 which feels a bit more balanced though.