BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im talking about that game or games that you have beaten upwards of 4 or 5 times. The game you are the Prima Strategy guide for. The game you get 100% without breaking a sweat. And youll come back next year for your yearly completion of it again. And again the next. What are they for you?

Title: Super Mario 64
Beatings: So many. Like all 4 slots at least once (maybe about 6 times) on the 64 version and all the slots on the DS version.
260px-260px-Super_Mario_64_box_cover.jpg

First up for me, its good old SM64. I cream this game about every 1 or 2 years. Last fall on move in day, one of my friends found me sitting in my room with my 3 bags sitting around me (not unpacked yet) and a single chair when were i was sitting, enjoying this game again. Every star, coin, boss, i know them all.

Title: Crash Team Racing
Beatings: 6 or 7 100% on story mode
CrashTeamRacingNACover.png

Then we have good old CTR. Oh man just thinking about this makes me wanna break out the ps2 again... Maybe my PSP can handle it... Anyways, Omg. SO much better than Mario Kart 64 could ever hope to be. Memorable tracks, music... I love the story mode and beating the boss's faces in...

Title: Mega Man X4
Beat: At least 5
images

It takes me only a few hours and im through this game. Its so good...
One night in college, it was Jersey Shore night (long story; dont ask) one of my friends make a joke, got on the other friend's nerves, and he threw a fan a the kid. Doors were slammed and walls were punched... So i went to my room and beat this game in a night, while piers watched me (the one who threw the fan and punched walls) he was calm and enjoyed watching me the whole way through, as i beat this game for the 4th time.

What are yours? Your lying if you dont have one...

Reactions: Eighteen

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There are few games I have beaten a few times, but don't always get 100%

There are two games however that I am always playing and always beating and that's Yoshi's Island for the SNES and Yoshi's Story for the N64.

1077396420-00.jpg

N64yoshiStory-box.gif

Reactions: BortzANATOR
D

Deleted-236924

The_Legend_of_Zelda_A_Link_to_the_Past_SNES_Game_Cover.jpg

I can get it done in less than 3 hours if I don't care about picking up every little upgrade.
But if I decide to get everything and finish it 100%, I have to take... say... 12-14 hours, to be reasonable?
At least that's what I'd guess it took me the last (and only) time I did this. 0 deaths, too.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good topic. I am the same with Mario 64, I've beaten it around 5 times, 3 100% (all stars).

Way_of_the_Samurai_2_cover.jpg

WOTS2: Beaten at least 15 times. Short game but tons of endings and swords to collect. Same with WOTS1.

_-Urban-Reign-PS2-_.jpg

Urban Reign: Beat 5 times on various difficulties. This game is so freakin' good it angers me.

kaido-battle-2-chain-reaction.jpg

Kaidou Battle 2: Beat 5 times, twice 100%. By far my favorite game of all time.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tales_of_Symphonia_case_cover.jpg

Tales of Symphonia. Beat it about 8 times or so now. Can never get enough of it.

Too lazy to post boxarts, every Megaman X game (the real ones...1-6). I play them all the time. I'm a gigantic fan of the games...too bad they killed the series.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I used to play this game yearly, each time finishing it in a slightly different style.
pj1QB.jpg

...unfortunately, I no longer have the disc. That said, I'm pretty sure I did almost all there is to be done in it.

Reactions: Felipe_9595

Castiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have been playing this game for like 10 years now:
Super_Metroid_boxart.jpg

I used to only be able to play it once every year when I went to my grandparents place, but since Nintendo put it up for download from the Wii Shop Channel I can play it any time I like :yay:

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
Mario 64/Sunshine/Galaxies, I go through each one to about 70% every year.
Sonic Unleashed/Colours, pretty new games, but I've gone through both of them around 5 times 100%.
Warcraft 3, I've gone through all the campaigns on hard with all sidequests twice, great game.
Those were from the top of my mind, I'm certain I can think of more.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
220px-N64_-_Sin_%26_Punishment.jpg
SinPunishmentStarSuccessorBox.jpg

I lost track of how many times I beated those two. They're soooo addictive!
the scoring system of Star Successor makes you wanna play again and again and again
and the OST is just plain awesome

EDIT: ah!!... I forgot my favourite game
Pokemon_Red.jpg

:wub:

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Super Mario Land GB, usually 3 times in a row. After first time it got harder and the second time you got level select.
Zelda: Link's Awakening GB/GBC, one of my favourite games of all time.
Zelda: OoT N64/3DS, done it a fair few times over the years not done master quest yet.
Too many PC games to count, list includes Max Payne 1/2, Doom and Half Life series.
Now I have too many games to play that I would likely never complete them all.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played Twilight Princess maybe like 5 times. It's the only Zelda I can truly say I thought was top-of-the-line excellent. The Oracle games weren't bad though.

Otherwise there's not much I replayed in recent years. Maybe Puzzle Quest CotW but I never beat it, the difficulty just hits a goddamn wall every time and I just quit at that point and come back at a later date. I still have to beat Puzzle Quest 2 which feels a bit more balanced though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1