Status
Not open for further replies.

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean we all love free stuff, but everyone knows that a majority of "backups" are just downloaded games.

Theres nothing wrong with that, well legally there is but other than that I have no problem. What Im trying to bring to attention though is that Everyone seems to be "hacking their friends wii", and thats gotta stop, Too much people pirating will just end up hurting us all in the end with less good games getting released. Why? because mostly hardcores can take the time to do homebrew, casuals reside on myspace. So If Hardcores all hack their Wiis, less hardocre games will sell and we'll run out of good games.

So please people, do us all a favor and try not to publicize hacking your wii and/or putting free games on it. If you do it, thats your personal choice, but Im just asking, don't go around telling everyone pirate.

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Phratt said:
I mean we all love free stuff, but everyone knows that a majority of "backups" are just downloaded games.

Theres nothing wrong with that, well legally there is but other than that I have no problem. What Im trying to bring to attention though is that Everyone seems to be "hacking their friends wii", and thats gotta stop, Too much people pirating will just end up hurting us all in the end with less good games getting released. Why? because mostly hardcores can take the time to do homebrew, casuals reside on myspace. So If Hardcores all hack their Wiis, less hardocre games will sell and we'll run out of good games.

So please people, do us all a favor and try not to publicize hacking your wii and/or putting free games on it. If you do it, thats your personal choice, but Im just asking, don't go around telling everyone pirate.
can you point me out a hardcore game for wii? i've mostly seen "imagine style games"

but yeah i have to agree
i get bored of downloading thousands of games which i only play them for about a min then change to another game.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarkRey said:
Phratt said:

can you point me out a hardcore game for wii? i've mostly seen "imagine style games"

but yeah i have to agree
i just get bored of downloading thousands of games which i only play them for about a min then change to another game.

re4
ssbb
mp3c
loztp
conduit
hotd
cod

there arent many, but they ARE there

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Scurvy?

Oh. Well, as long as GBATemp's rules don't say so, I, or anyone for that matter, will stop doing it. Besides, it's not that the Wii is flunking... Millions of units sold WITH piracy.

PS: DarkRey, I don't think Phratt is talking about the "Pirate Syndrome". He's just another waving another anti-piracy flag. Double morality sucks, if you ask me.

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Red steel
CoD WaW
Resident evil umbrella chronicles
Soul caliber legends
resident evil 4
Mortal kombat armegeddon
Scarface the world is yours
Tatsunoko vs capcom
007 Quantum of solace
Guilty gear XX accent core
Disaster day of crisis
Metroid prime
Zelda twilight princess
Fire emblem radiant dawn
House of the dead 2 & 3
No more heroes
need for speed carbon
Super smash brothers brawl
Prince of persia rival swords
Naruto Clash of the ninja revolution 2
Alone in the dark
Samurai warriors
Dragon Quest swords
Tales of symphona 2
Baroque
Dragon Blade
Battalion wars 2
Medal of honor heroes 2
Star wars the force unleashed

Aaand thats about all I could think of for now.

And Im not Anti-piracy.

Im a pirate myself. Im saying don't go around spreading piracy, because one person can't do much harm stealing thousands of dollars in games but if he gets others to do it with him then its millions of dollars and so forth. I mean, have a little sense of logic. If you want good games, dont try to help them fail by telling your whole community about piracy.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Phratt said:
And Im not Anti-piracy.

Im a pirate myself. Im saying don't go around spreading piracy, because one person can't do much harm stealing thousands of dollars in games but if he gets others to do it with him then its millions of dollars and so forth. I mean, have a little sense of logic. If you want good games, dont try to help them fail by telling your whole community about piracy.

Hence your double moral. Or would you call it hypocrisy? On one hand, you pirate. On the other, you tell people not to pirate. Or, to be precise, you tell people not to tell anyone how to pirate. If you had "a little sense of logic", you'd either stop pirating altogether or pirate freely without remorse. And, just FYI, this topic has been discussed several (read: thousands of) times. Piracy has been around since the dawn of videogames, yet the industry is in continuous growth.

But if you insist on your noble cause, aim higher and demand GBATemp to be closed down. That way piracy won't spread anymore, will it?

spawn844

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hacking to kill sells...yea thats right however! think about us 30% that want to play games that cant be imported? And dont wanna buy a jap wii to play these games?

What about the 8% that love to customize there wiis to make it more "you" These are the hard core mods but yea.

Not all people are here to pirate games

And last but not least the prices. I will never pay 70$ "thats how much they are here" for a game. if you buy 3 to 4 games you have the price for another wii which is just insane when they remove the prices to like 20$ and they never ever will, will be the day ill buy games. However if you feel the guilt of stealing a game from a company you like? I know some people are like that then ill save to buy that 1 game and that 1 game only to support that company other then. Yes I am a pirate arrr, pirates ahoy

Ps: for are you pirates out there i have a vid you should watch may make you think other wise for being a pirateXD
The Pirate Song

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In my mind there were two really big and not necessary steps towards piracy on nearly every Wii:
1. Loader's as channels, for people not being able to run them from the HBC
2. Super noob friendly cioscorp, riisikimod, softmii and other mods which behave like modchips(but with 3x reading speed) if installed

spawn844

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree people make apps easy and easyer so even a tard may do it. however if they fuck up they will expect the same way to fix it a 1 click buttin to fix all...Ah well things will never change eh:P

dbnaruto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see his point, I mean look at 2D boy. The creators of world of goo just filed for Bankruptcy! THat was a good game, but (90% of all people who played it pirated the game.* I really wanted to see a sequel to that game, I mean I hack, but spreading it can harm the small companies
sad.gif

*Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/01/30/world-of...for-bankruptcy/

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dbnaruto said:
I see his point, I mean look at 2D boy. The creators of world of goo just filed for Bankruptcy! THat was a good game, but (90% of all people who played it pirated the game.* I really wanted to see a sequel to that game, I mean I hack, but spreading it can harm the small companies
sad.gif

That is the publisher, not the creators.
And the 90% figure is not accurate, it was taken by dividing the sales over the ips in the high scores, so dynamic IPs kinda screw it up.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The funny thing is, Phratt's not complaining about piracy. He even endorses it. He is complaining about talking about piracy, "spreading" it.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
dbnaruto said:
sad.gif

I've said it before and no doubt I'll say it again........

Fuck 'em

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
More people pirate becasue it's jsut become so easy nowadays. All you need is a torrent client and thats it. Then for console games its even easier since softmods have come out so that you don't have to spend any money at all and the only risk is breaking your console.

thinkoutsidetheb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Phratt said:
I mean we all love free stuff

Theres nothing wrong with that

So please people, If you do it, thats your personal choice.

That's how I read what you put.

Don't pirate PSA in a hacking forum...FUNNY.

What stopped us when we rented a movie back in BETA tape days...
What stopped us when we borrowed an audio cassette from a friend back when...

Need I say more??!?

You wanna make an issue about pirates go talk to the ones from Somalia

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There really aren't any hardcore games for the Wii.
Infact, my Wii sees a lot more emulation than Wii gaming.

That being said, these morals vs pirates threads are worthless, please can a mod lock this?
You're not going to convince someone that piracy isn't wrong/doesn't hurt the industry, and moral people won't convince pirates to stop pirating.

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I love topics like this because even if the creator doesn't realise it they've probably violated a whole ton of copyright laws (thats basically what piracy is) just by carrying out their usual daily routine.

Not to mention if the creator isn't pirating to start with therefore making it somewhat ironic.

Get off your high horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing