Homebrew This might be useful

Deleted member 369977

Felyne Hunter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright, before I start, I have an european New Nintendo 3DS XL with normal 10.1 Homebrew stuff. And all this 2.5 Hans stuff. So yesterday I opened multiple apps ("Nintendo Network ID Settings", and some other stuff) just for fun with Hans JPN Region, JP Language. Well.. everything was in english, nothing fancy happening. But later that day I noticed I couldn't enter the eshop anymore, Error Code 007-2001. Alright "try again later". So I did. And the error code didn't disapear. Today I noticed when I tried to enter the Miiverse: "Error Code 022-2502: This Nintendo Network ID cannot be used because it's country settings does not match the setting of the system. " So I checked my Region Settings.. And hell god.. "Japan".

Small extra bit: I wanted to check my 3ds region with Rinnegatmantes Lua interpreter System.getRegion(), it returned 0 which should be Japan.

And NO, you CAN'T select "Japan" as region on an european 3ds xl.

Also I'm still kinda new to GBATemp, how can I upload a picture here? ^^'

EDIT: Alright so I changed back my region from japan to Germany and tried to reproduce it. It seems like it isn't the "Nintendo Network ID settings" app, but rather the "System Settings" app which caused this. The app instantly crashes when I try to open it with Hans, JPN/JP.

Small Picture with me in Japan:
1bb034e784.jpg

Last edited by Deleted member 369977,

Deleted member 369977

Felyne Hunter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Uh... why would we have kernel ? It's just RAM editing, and HANS patches services functions calls...
I'm sorry, and I'm pretty much a noob, but I assumed it might be a kernel since the region change is permanent. I started the System Settings app without Hans and it displayed "Japan". Not my usual region. And I took a look at my region with Rinnegatamantes Lua Interpreter and for System.getRegion it returned 0. Even after rebooting several times.

D

Deleted User

wtf lol!
Hans is too powerfull

idk what to do im just suggesting you to do the same thing with American\European region maybe it'll go back to normal
maybe call nintendo and tell them that it just happen witout you doing anything

btw you upload pictures to other site, then click on this
DnnleKD.png

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I wonder if you would be able to access the Japanese eShop if you did this without a NNID on the system. Probably not, but you do get a different eShop based on the region settings, so it's just about dumb enough that it might work.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Newbies need to stop posting threads like this we see threads like this every day oh my game crashed is that a possible exploit or oh I changed my syst settings is that a exploit no. For one game crashes and exploits are two totally different things.

DRI2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I delete my actual NNID, change my region and I creat a new japonese NNID can I enter to the JP eshop?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If I delete my actual NNID, change my region and I creat a new japonese NNID can I enter to the JP eshop?
Read my previous post.
It's worth a try and I think someone should definitely try it and report their findings, although I'm not expecting it to work it's just about dumb enough that it might.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Deleted member 369977

Felyne Hunter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No idea. I didn't test anything like that yet. Ask these other guys who know more then me. I just thought this might have been interesting.

Well I CAN'T Access the pal e shop if I try to enter with my Region set to Japan. You could give it a try.

Last edited by Deleted member 369977,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I will nvr say a FUQing Curse word Again :D