Hacking This. Makes. Me. Mad.

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Que sera sera, mate. Some people were born "luckier" than others, so they will probably never appreciate anything. Such is life.

what will be will be,
the futures not ours to see,
Que sera sera

i had a teacher who said it's stupid idea, because if if things are gonna happen anyway, why make any effort.

Now you've got that song stuck in my head.
wacko.gif

On topic i always thought of piracy as in the Robin Hood sense stealing from the rich to give to the poor. Not pirating from the rich to give to the rich who can't be bothered buying stuff. I hear you.

HyoImowano

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^ Perhaps said rich person is a DS developer, and they would find it useful to be able to drag and drop to MicroSD to test games instead of using whatever painful method the Nintendo SDK offers.

The Nintendo SDK offers a very accurate and fast emulator, as well as some sort of serial connection to the DS for testing games.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Pirating is pirating no matter the reason. If you're dumb enough to put your very life in danger to play a few games, that's your decision. Grow up please, you have NO right to pirate games. There is absolutely NO good reason why you should download games from the internet that you don't own. Now if you own the original carts, that's a totally different story.
Why wouldn't a rich person buy an R4? The convenience of having all your games on one cart is great. Personally, I own many of the games I have pirated.
However, I never try to justify downloading the games I DON'T own. I'm a pirate and I'm not going to be delusional about it. He never says that he's perfect and he doesn't steal games, he says you don't have an excuse to download games. You might have good intentions, but that doesn't cut it.

QUOTE said:
Well, there are 2 types of piracy[if we're talking about games]. First, the people that use flashcarts just to test the game and buy the real thing. Second, the people who just can't affort them. That is, in fact, real. Most people do piracy because they just can't afford games. But you can't say that it's just an "excuse". If it is "just and excuse" then why are they doing it ? Because they're so f*cked up and have no respect to the developer but only care about their own entertainment ? I don't think there are people like this here in GBAtemp, at least not that I know of.

If you can afford games, you should spend your gaming time and working/studying harder so you'll finally have the money to buy games. Games are not a right, just because you can't afford games does not mean that you should be pitied and given those games. There's only one type of piracy. Downloading a game you don't own is piracy PERIOD. There's nothing to argue about it.

If you're only trying out the games, it's not as bad if you delete it. However, whether you want to believe it or not, downloading anything you don't have the right to download is illegal. And it IS piracy.

hah, you think you have every right to give me a lecture, and yet, after that you try to justify yourself using one LMAO hilarious, maybe YOU should delete all those roms YOU have downloaded?

again, a rich snob thinking they have it all, they think they know all and are always right no matter what, they think they can do whatever they want as they have more financial power lol

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Oy, shhhh. Cut it out guys. Enough with the flaming. Let me summarize this discussion: Pirating is a crime regardless of the reason, making it illegal in the eyes of the law and most of the world governments. However, just because being a law doesn't necessarily make it immoral in the eyes of the general public. There are many many silly laws out there, but the law is the law and each of us are responsible for our own actions when we choose to break said laws. There is NO justification for pirating, as it's not essential to live. No matter how poor you are, you're not going to starve to death if you don't play pirated games; so it's a completely different scenario from having to steal food or clothing.

jalaneme, sekhu was not trying to insult your integrity. He/she was merely trying to say that there is no justification for stealing things you don't need to survive. PERIOD. They weren't specifically referring to you, but to ALL software pirates, including sekhu him/herself. Now, cut out the flaming, none of this was ever meant to be personal; it was just one big misunderstanding.
lecture.gif

serious_sean

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is NOT a magical fast/accurate DS emulator provided by nintendo.

and personally, i don't think your morals should scale with your financial situation.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

YukiChan456

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Nero and all the other guys

Really the world is not fair, but hey there is no way to change it!
cry.gif

I also hate it!
hate2.gif

It´s so silly!
Some Mod should close this thread!
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?