Hardware This is the year of the PSP !

Status
Not open for further replies.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Ugh. PSP is terrible. I'm so glad I sold mine. Why did the article keep bringing up sales though? DS has sold over 53.64 million units. DS is the fastest selling console in the history of the universe. I could go into more detail of why the DS is better, but I don't think anybody would care.

Come on, don't say that.
There are great games for it and you have to admit it.
I know there are lots of ports, but IMO there are really great games on it, for example the Syphon Filter games.

I love my PSP, off course, I also love my DS.

D

Deleted User

DS is easier to hack. It just takes a little piece of hardware called an R4. No dangerous downgrading the upgrading of firmware. DS will win out because of that in the end.

Yeah because everybody buys systems to pirate games right?

I do so I imagine there would be other likeminded people around.

Yeah because you = everybody right?
Good grief.
QUOTE(Saturnplanet5 @ Nov 29 2007, 05:32 PM)
I do so I imagine there would be other likeminded people around.

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ugh. PSP is terrible. I'm so glad I sold mine. Why did the article keep bringing up sales though? DS has sold over 53.64 million units. DS is the fastest selling console in the history of the universe. I could go into more detail of why the DS is better, but I don't think anybody would care.

Come on, don't say that.
I know there are lots of ports, but IMO there are really great games on it, for example the Syphon Filter games.

No actually there is not. He's entitled to his opinion and I happen to agree with him. The PSP game libary is terrible. Its all ports, sports, highly mediocre RPGS, and leftover PS2 garbage.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country

Come on, don't say that.

No actually there is not. He's entitled to his opinion and I happen to agree with him. The PSP game libary is terrible. Its all ports, sports, highly mediocre RPGS, and leftover PS2 garbage.

I enjoy it very much. Ports or not, there are a LOT of fun games to play.
Tekken: DR, Burnout Dominator or Medal of Honor for example. Not actually owning a PS2 I can really say I enjoy playing action games on the go.

About the sub par RPGs, I agree. But if you think about it, the DS doesn't have pure RPG AAA titles yet (other than Pokemon), my guess is that this generation of handhelds aren't as lucky as the previous ones (GBA, GBC).

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

Come on, don't say that.

Wow. Nintendo Fanboyism at it's best.

There are few people who buy consoles planning to mod it before they even get it.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DS is easier to hack. It just takes a little piece of hardware called an R4. No dangerous downgrading the upgrading of firmware. DS will win out because of that in the end.
Lulz. Ever heard of Datel Tool Battery? Not only is it sold in big US stores (unlike R4 which is borderline, notice I say borderline - illegal.) But it is cheaper than r4 too. If you eff up the firmware, try, try again. Therefore, PSP >>>> DS in terms of hackability.

To each his own. IMO, PSP >>>>> DS
It has good pc ports, and near perfect ps1 emulation too.
I'm playing Civilization 2 right now, as a matter of fact. And who doesn't want prince of persia on the go?
While we're at it, the psp has perfect emulation of SMRPG and all the PS1 rpgs. That is a hell of a lot more good ones than the DS has. FF7-9 + Parasite Eve + Xenogears + Vagrant Story +FFT >>>> ALL. And yes this is emulation, but regardless it is a genuine advantage the psp has over DS.

And IMO, the controls work well for the psp. I bet half of the people that bash it for shitty controls only played for like 10 mins and tossed it.

PS I love you whoever(jumpman or acegunman?) changed bonemonkey's name.
biggrin.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Therefore, PSP >>>> DS in terms of hackability.

Well, I guess to differ my hentai lovin' friend. Refering the termn "hacking" as actually allowing the machine to execute Homebrew.
Once you actually skip the PSP protection, yeah, there are more homebrew available.

With a DS, you actually get a console, a flash card, an SD card and you are on. On the PSP, the process of bypassing the protection takes a little longer than that (the first time only off course).

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bascially you can never trust opinion of a PSP fan.

They are so starved for content that they are willing to play anything. The PSP is just that barren. And if the PSP was so great, then why do PSP fans spend all their time preaching on the message boards instead of playing their favorite portable? The answer; they know its a failure, they can see the writting on the wall, the PSP game library sucks, and they all got tired of playing EMU titles months ago.

Honestly I find PSP fans to be a bit defensive and obnoxious. They always start topics like this one, basically to pick fights. And if you remember their behavior before the PSP and the DS were launched, then well, maybe you agree with me.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Bascially you can never trust opinion of a PSP fan.Â

They are so starved for content that they are willing to play anything. The PSP is just that barren. And if the PSP was so great, then why do PSP fans spend all their time preaching on the message boards instead of playing their favorite portable? The answer; they know its a failure, they can see the writting on the wall, the PSP game library sucks, and they all got tired of playing EMU titles months ago.

Honestly I find PSP fans to be a bit defensive and obnoxious. They always start topics like this one, basically to pick fights. And if you remember their behavior before the PSP and the DS were launched, then well, maybe you agree with me.

I'm a PS3 fan. And it's spelled ''Basically''.

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

They are so starved for content that they are willing to play anything.  The PSP is just that barren.  And if the PSP was so great, then why do PSP fans spend all their time preaching on the message boards instead of playing their favorite portable?  The answer; they know its a failure, they can see the writting on the wall, the PSP game library sucks, and they all got tired of playing EMU titles months ago.

Honestly I find PSP fans to be a bit defensive and obnoxious.  They always start topics like this one, basically to pick fights.  And if you remember their behavior before the PSP and the DS were launched, then well, maybe you agree with me.

I don't care about the PS3 and obviously that was a typo. If pointing out my typos is the only response you can give then I guess I've won this debate. Facts are too much for you.

BTW, the PS3 sucks too.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a fan of consoles, objective points of view and good points.
Saying the PSP is a"failure" is non sense fanboyism.
The Gizmondo is a failure, the N-Gage is a failure.

A system that got a big chunk of a Monopolized market is not a failure.
30% of PSP users vs 70% of DS users?, so what? it is a 30% with Sony's first handheld console, poor games aside, it isn't a failure by any means, as long as new games keep being released for it.

I'm saying this owning a PSP Slim AND a DS Lite, both homebrew eneabled (and NO, I don't own a Desktop console).

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Congrats on passing 1000 posts VVoltz, didn't notice it before :>

They are so starved for content that they are willing to play anything.  The PSP is just that barren.  And if the PSP was so great, then why do PSP fans spend all their time preaching on the message boards instead of playing their favorite portable?  The answer; they know its a failure, they can see the writting on the wall, the PSP game library sucks, and they all got tired of playing EMU titles months ago.

Honestly I find PSP fans to be a bit defensive and obnoxious.  They always start topics like this one, basically to pick fights.  And if you remember their behavior before the PSP and the DS were launched, then well, maybe you agree with me.
Lulz X2.
I was just like you while I still only owned a DS (now I have ds phat and psp phat), and speaking of which, why aren't you playing yours right now instead of preaching about how pathetic we psp fans are? Plain and simple, different people have different tastes, I prefer REAL online to the shit the ds has (LOL U PHAIL NINTENDO!!) and I enjoy portable versions of the ps2 games I could never play, ala gta, the warriors, burnout, katamari and tekken.

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have had a DS a lot longer than I have owned a PSP. I picked one one up because the DS didn't really match my portable entertainment needs. There's a lot of fanboyism going on in here even, but I don't really care.

Anyways to what I wanted to say: How can you sell something like the DS at a almost constant rate for so long? I'd imagine all the residents of Japan to one at least one by now lol.

Oh yeah, In my opinion psp>ds. PSP has some great games, but I also wish it had a much LARGER library of games:(

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm a fan of consoles, objective points of view and good points.
Saying the PSP is a"failure" is non sense fanboyism.
The Gizmondo is a failure, the N-Gage is a failure.

Saying the PSP is a failure is 100% fact.

PSP is such a failure that there are only 12 games coming out in the next 6 months.

PSP is such a failure that retail chains are already putting PSP Slim accessories on clearance BEFORE THE HOLIDAY

PSP is such a failure that when the Slim launched in Japan sales went down for weeks on end after the launch. (Here's a clue, they're suppossed to go up after the launch of a new piece of hardware)

PSP Redesign Gets Lukewarm Reception (Sales drop after launch)

PSP is such a failure that devs have abandoned the systems.

PSP is such a failure that Sony is getting ready to shift their focus to the Sony-Ericsson developed Play Station Phone

(aka P.S.P.)

The future is calling PSP fans. How will you mourn the passing of the PSP? And when Sony-Ericsson comes calling with their new hardware, will you answer the call?

Have I mentioned that the PSP is a failure? I just thought I should bring that up.
biggrin.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Bascially you can never trust opinion of a PSP fan.Â

They are so starved for content that they are willing to play anything. The PSP is just that barren. And if the PSP was so great, then why do PSP fans spend all their time preaching on the message boards instead of playing their favorite portable? The answer; they know its a failure, they can see the writting on the wall, the PSP game library sucks, and they all got tired of playing EMU titles months ago.

Honestly I find PSP fans to be a bit defensive and obnoxious. They always start topics like this one, basically to pick fights. And if you remember their behavior before the PSP and the DS were launched, then well, maybe you agree with me.

I don't care about the PS3 and obviously that was a typo. If pointing out my typos is the only response you can give then I guess I've won this debate. Facts are too much for you.

BTW, the PS3 sucks too.

Yeah.. And care to provide '' facts '' about how the PS3 sucks Nintendrone.

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

BTW, the PS3 sucks too.

Yeah.. And care to provide '' facts '' about how the PS3 sucks Nintendrone.

There we go. There's the hate speech that is the trademark of any PSP fan.

I see you still dont care to debate the facts, which pretty much means, I've beaten you again. But hey, maybe your console biggotry will help you get through those long nights when there are no PSP games to play.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Come on, don't say that.

Wow. Nintendo Fanboyism at it's best.

There are few people who buy consoles planning to mod it before they even get it.

And you're a PS fanboy, so does that mean you cancel each other out?

I don't find it surprising that the PSP is being bashed by a Nintendo-centric board, it's inevitable, but there is too much fanboyism going around both from the PSP camp and the Nintendo camp.

PSP is a very good machine, it's rock solid, powerful, has great features, and it's homebrew rocks. Yes there are a lot of ports on the PSP, but it's a PS2 in a handheld, which is a great achievement. If you could have a GameCube as a handheld you'd be jumping up and down. The Wii has lots of ports and shovelware games, does that mean that the Wii is a pile of crap that should be ignored?

DS is more innovative and underpowered, but it proves that it can provide a different gaming experience to that of the PSP.

The PSP is a target for hardcore gamers, where as the DS caters for new demographics - they're targeting different people that cater for different tastes, if anything both handhelds compliment each other. The DS has games the PSP doesn't and the PSP has games the DS doesn't.

Is this the year for the PSP? I don't know, the sales of the PSP picked up when Crisis Core was released, the slim has rejuvenated sales to some degree, but I don't see a very strong line up for 2008. It's good, but it could be better. The DS still will have as much crap as it will have good games, but again as I state it's a different market for them, and it's growing and wherever the PSP gets sales, Nintendo can not only challenge for those gamers, but can find new gamers, which the PSP is finding hard to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over