Hardware "This Channel can't be used"

Flutter Skye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
First, I'm sorry if this is the wrong section.
Anyways, I installed Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney using WAD Manager, and it is showing in the menu and all, but when I launched it, it showed "This channel can't be used". And I needed to turn off my Wii, will my Wii work when I launch it now? I'm kinda scared that it is bricked.
Also, I installed the WAD Before in Dolphin, and it worked.

Flutter Skye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thank you! One more question, if I'll only change the region, it won't corrupt the Wad/Brick the wii when installed?
EDIT: Yep, the WAD's region was NTSC, And my Wii is Pal. Tested stuff with Dolphin and it looks like it works. Even managed to install a DLC. Gonna wait for you reply though, just to be sure before I install the WAD On my wii

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thank you! One more question, if I'll only change the region, it won't corrupt the Wad/Brick the wii when installed?
EDIT: Yep, the WAD's region was NTSC, And my Wii is Pal. Tested stuff with Dolphin and it looks like it works. Even managed to install a DLC. Gonna wait for you reply though, just to be sure before I install the WAD On my wii

If the wad could be successfully installed before you region change the wad,then it would be very very unlikely to brick. The only way that installing a wad that is not a system critical wad(Eg, critical IOSes, System Menus or themes,)is the banner brick. The banner brick occurs when the banner(The animation the game is showing on the Wii Menu) is corrupted or of the wrong size, which could cause the system menu to crash on boot.
Priiloader can help you recover from a banner brick, as long as you have the Home Brew Channel.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/Priiloader
Warning: Do NOT install Priiloader on the Wii Mode of Wii U!!

Flutter Skye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks! It works, I have a small problem though, it's about a DLC, I Got the DLC For the game and the game, when I install both on Dolphin, it shows fine in game. But when I install the game and the DLC On my Wii, the game doesn't show the new episode..

MagicalATT

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Use showmiiwads and change the region flag to region free.
"This channel cannot be used" indicates a region mismatch between your Wii System Menu and the channel
(Eg. Running a Japanese channel on a US Wii)
This doesn't work for me when I try to do this I try to load into the game but it asks for the parental pin so I input it but when I load into the game it goes black please help

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i used that but now i get only black screen
Black screen could be an indicator that your TV doesn't support the display mode that's being used (NTSC CRTs not supporting a PAL signal used to be a thing however I think all modern LCDs support both)
Anyway. Using Priiloader to force region free is a better option than patching the game.
If you launch the game through an USB loader, you can enable video patch to force a different video mode, maybe it will work better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Sup