Hacking Thinking of updating 3.60 to 3.65

Graham182

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thinking of getting rid of henkaku and "going legit" just because its a faf finding games, downloading them (MEGA dl limits and slow downloads etc), and I have active ps plus so plenty games available there (if I could download them without E-80558325)

Does anyone know will updating properly sort out that error, or is there another way around it (I have backed up my activation files but don't know if that's even related to that error)

One other thing, I'm guessing if I set up sd2vita as ux:0 updating will make that go away :P

Reactions: MKKhanzo

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Updating would fix the error, since it's an activation-related error message. Sony broke activation when Enso released, and the only workaround found so far will get you banned if you try going online at all. So no way to download PS+ games unless you update.

And yes, updating will remove the ability to use SD2Vita and any other hack-related software/hardware.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Updating is worth it even more so now since we have some stellar Vita games coming this year and next such as:

Danganronpa 3
Persona 5 dancing
Persona 3 dancing
that new Digimon Story game

And that is just a few of the games that will be out soon. There are other games which are already out but only available on vitas that are on FW 3.61+ such as:

Akibas Beat and valkyria revolution just to name a few

So yeah updating is definitely worth it now. But it all is up to you at the end of the day

Graham182

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for that guys, I really didn't want to update and still have the error (since my 3ds is already online-banned, but that doesn't bother me)
I might hold tough and keep an eye out for a vita or vita TV as you say, have one updated and one henkaku.
It was fine before I got a ps4, but have PS plus now, and tend to have a bit of psn credit spare most of the time recently.

Last edited by Graham182,
Reactions: MKKhanzo

KeoniAzugon

Trophies
Website
Nblog.org
XP
Country
United States
Another note I forgot to mention, you can add the ps vita games(and other consoles as well) that are given through ps+ to your library by confirming the purchase on the psn website on a computer.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(everytime you update you risk, having certain games not working, even the games that sony sells in its online stores, since vita release, a few games have been removed from the psp/vita store online. because the developers just didn't care enough to update their games. sony should have full rights to any material that is published, just shy of having the source for that material, but they don't. most companies don't, for that reason 3.60 has allowed us to play a good number of vita games that are currently on sale, online, that if you buy and your allowed to buy, you won't even be able to play. the ps vita is a dead system, noone will make games for it in a few weeks/months so why bother updating)

(I want a full or partial refund for the games I purchased digitally, that I've beaten or don't play anymore from sony, so not only do we need trial version before we buy any an all games, but we need to get something back in exchange for our digital rights when were done with the games we do buy....................there are some major changes that need to happen to the copyright laws, before the next gen consoles are released) (this is only an issue the consumer can handle by, buying less or more selectively as an organized group, noone else cares, and that is very sad)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not worth updating past 3.60 imo. I would just find other systems that those games are on and play them there. Lots of games that work with firmware 3.60 and below so i'd just stick with those.

Last edited by cvskid,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(everytime you update you risk, having certain games not working, even the games that sony sells in its online stores, since vita release, a few games have been removed from the psp/vita store online. because the developers just didn't 1) care enough to update their games. sony should have full rights to any material that is published, just shy of having the source for that material, but they don't. most companies don't, for that reason 3.60 has allowed us to play a good number of vita games that are currently on sale, online, that if you buy and your allowed to buy, you won't even be able to play. the ps vita is a dead system, noone will make games for it in a few weeks/months so why bother updating)

2) I want a full or partial refund for the games I purchased digitally, that I've beaten or don't play anymore from sony, so not only do we need trial version before we buy any an all games, but we need to get something back in exchange for our digital rights when were done with the games we do buy....................there are some major changes that need to happen to the copyright laws, before the next gen consoles are released) (3) this is only an issue the consumer can handle by, buying less or more selectively as an organized group, noone else cares, and that is very sad)

LOL!!!!

1) Just because X company (let's say Campcom) made a deal to publish Y game (Lets say Resident Evil) in a PS1, doesn't mean Sony should have all rights over Capcom's games and Sony should be able to do as they please with it, Capcom makes the game = it belongs to Capcom, NOT SONY, I don't know how you rationalize Sony should be able to basically own it.

2) How do you think PlayStation, Xbox, Steam or any of the game developers for that matter would be able to stay in business if they refunded everyone who "bought" a game, beat it and 2/4/6 months later refunded it?... Even if the refund was partial they'd go bankrupt quickly since they invest money on other things and don't have it all laying around being available to refund everyon on the world who's done with their games...

By the way, if you read the terms of services, you don't "own" the games you "buy", you are basically renting it.

3) Yeah, let's all stop buying games from Sony/Microsoft, let's boycott them and make these companies go bankrupt, then PlayStation/Xbox brands will just be another Sega/Atari which do nothing but crappy ports of old games for other systems... That surely will make things better for everyone...

Nice logic there buddy...

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating is worth it even more so now since we have some stellar Vita games coming this year and next such as:

Danganronpa 3
Persona 5 dancing
Persona 3 dancing
that new Digimon Story game

And that is just a few of the games that will be out soon. There are other games which are already out but only available on vitas that are on FW 3.61+ such as:

Akibas Beat and valkyria revolution just to name a few

So yeah updating is definitely worth it now. But it all is up to you at the end of the day
YOU FORGOT YS VIII (Though i'm getting it on ps4, need HD) :ninja:

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd would suggest against updating it, in any case you can sell it to someone who wants a 3.60 vita and then buy another one in 3.61 or later, people who are looking to buy a mod-able system will often pay you a little morr than a non mod-able system and you will make a few bucks off it.

For example: I have seen plenty of people easily paying up to $150 for a 3.60 vita, and you can just buy anotherone for $80 - $100 in craigslist/ebay...

Graham182

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
buy your games sheeple
edit: nothing beats playing thp8 at 60fps on adrenaline though
edit2; you should have backed up your act.dat op

if you have the act.dat file, open the trophy app, login to psn with the same account you had when you backed up the file, move the act.dat file from you pc to tm0:npdrm/ on the vita, reboot

I have backed up tm0:/npdrm/act.dat, vd0:/registry/system.dreg, vd0:/registry/system.ireg, ur0:/user/00/np/myprofile.dat. I'll try that later. Funnily enough it was dragons crown I was trying to play, which I have a legit license for, all I can figure is it did a game update or something, but then the activation thing kicked in as I was on 3.60. I was away on holidays so it was a bit irritating a shot of games wouldn't work.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL!!!!

1) Just because X company (let's say Campcom) made a deal to publish Y game (Lets say Resident Evil) in a PS1, doesn't mean Sony should have all rights over Capcom's games and Sony should be able to do as they please with it, Capcom makes the game = it belongs to Capcom, NOT SONY, I don't know how you rationalize Sony should be able to basically own it.

2) How do you think PlayStation, Xbox, Steam or any of the game developers for that matter would be able to stay in business if they refunded everyone who "bought" a game, beat it and 2/4/6 months later refunded it?... Even if the refund was partial they'd go bankrupt quickly since they invest money on other things and don't have it all laying around being available to refund everyon on the world who's done with their games...

By the way, if you read the terms of services, you don't "own" the games you "buy", you are basically renting it.

3) Yeah, let's all stop buying games from Sony/Microsoft, let's boycott them and make these companies go bankrupt, then PlayStation/Xbox brands will just be another Sega/Atari which do nothing but crappy ports of old games for other systems... That surely will make things better for everyone...

Nice logic there buddy...

1) (if Sony made a deal to publish and license, transferring legal ownership for the right to distribute using their product and channel, then they have the right to ensure that game is of service for the consumer for whatever platform, emulated or not, was ascribed to the contract, for the protection of "consumer confidence, and the copyright agreement that exchanged market and manufacturer processes") (published for psp, and emulated using the psp spread sheets, one and the same law, blah blah)

2) (Right now, the businesses are getting into lifetime contracts for the purchase account, as long as the service is available or etc.................at the same time they are recycling context, and limiting the number of devices for the license that is purchased...............buy, buy, buy............and less, less, less.........ingenuity for the purchasing power of the consumer (this is an issue the government needs to handle, along with the consumer protection agencies, if the businesses don't want to get ahead of this matter) (I'm sure this won't be an issue until the next technological breakthrough, I mean, I'm not taking about implants, or, criteria of first and second stage, necessity of life and necessity of right to private entity arguments, etc. blah blah)

3) That depends on the willingness of the powers to collaborate, all that really needs to happen is a fully equipped console that can play downloaded ps2/xbox/gamecube/dreamcast games at full speed using the mame cores, and that is a no cost solution for information that has become "public domain". then, a discount can be issued towards the purchase price for using the, forsaid digital distribution channel..........with the prospect of partial refund for hardware failure versus the expense of acquiring the software...............by all means we should have full rights to some version of a free trial and a refund in exchange for our digital right (s)

4) (Sony big's push that allows all of its games on various platforms to be pipelined to the ps4 via its streaming service, really tugs, the limits, of promoting piracy or/and, bringing another layer of digital rights to the consumer)

(whatever evil that was there, in addressing this issue officially, turned away microsoft's exclusive digital console aggrement with the "Xbox One", and whatever baggage followed that, maybe the bandages will hold for another generation before they fail?)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay