Hacking Thinking of getting CycloDS?

Tatsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ugh I'm thinking about buying a cyclods. Since I feel like the support for r4 is dwindling. I haven't had any major problems with my r4 except for the occasional game not working but it always gets fixed with the new update. I really want to get one bundled with the 6gb SDHC card . I like the sound of having access to ALL of my games really nice [not to mention having download play work would be awesome too] do you think I should go for the 8gi. I'm planning to buy it from http://www.consolesource.com btw since GBAtemp recommended it.

I just find it difficult to shell out $110 ($150 for 8gig) Should I get it even though my R4 is still fine? Do you guys think it would be worth it in the long run?

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
I would suggest Jandaman or modchipcentral as well for the cycloDS if you live in Canada. Definitely buy the 8GB Sandisk from amazon. Online flashcart shops selling NDS flashcarts as well as microSD(HC) memory cards will ALWAYS have the memory card overpriced.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Or you could go for a 8GB SDHC for $40. Limited time offer.
frown.gif

Dealextreme has the cheapest Cyclo on sale right now, at a $36 pricetag. Buy that and the 8GB SDHC, you'd save $74 compared to ConsoleSource.

Abraxas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about buying from amazon?

EDIT:Is real hot stuff most reliable place to buy flash carts? for a US buyer

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tatsu said:
oh wow thanks guys I might just buy one since it seems so affordable now

Destructobot said:
You could get an Evo from DealExtreme for $36 USD, and an 8GB Sandisk microSDHC for $40. Be prepared to spend some time waiting for them to arrive though.

they seem to have the best deal does it really take long to get them?
minimum is 2 weeks waiting time.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Tatsu said:

Destructobot said:
You could get an Evo from DealExtreme for $36 USD, and an 8GB Sandisk microSDHC for $40. Be prepared to spend some time waiting for them to arrive though.

To America it's about 3-4 weeks.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
tinymonkeyt said:
Tatsu said:

Destructobot said:

Actually, not so true, some people got their stuff in about 10 days, or even less!
I got my stuff in 13 days shipped to Croatia, from the day I've placed order..
lecture.gif

nyanya.gif

Aznhiga13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My R4 took about a week and a half to get to Arizona. And my friends took about 2 weeks. It is really inconsistent so just order it and pray it doesnt get stuck in customs and gets to you under 2 weeks, lol. I need to jump on this deal too, my R4's spring isn't being very cooperative right now.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Even tho every1 suggests 8gig memory cards i really wouldnt suggest it. Its counter prodcutive...i know it may sound weird but 2gig is more than enough its like 20+ games. If you have an 8gig card in there with like a stupid amount of games on there then you'll come down with such a servere case of pirate syndrome and wont really complete any of the games you got on your memory card.

Tatsu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jaxxster said:
Even tho every1 suggests 8gig memory cards i really wouldnt suggest it. Its counter prodcutive...i know it may sound weird but 2gig is more than enough its like 20+ games. If you have an 8gig card in there with like a stupid amount of games on there then you'll come down with such a servere case of pirate syndrome and wont really complete any of the games you got on your memory card.

I def. get what your saying. If its a good game I won't be able to put it down. but it's convenient for Games that aren't really interesting (to me) but I still like to play in my spare time. and doubt I'll be able to fill it up anyway lol but since its only 40$ for 8 gigs SDHC why not lol

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
Note Flashcarts are a multimedia device. Homebrew, music, video (crappy). Not just backup/pirated NDS/GBA games.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sticks said:
Note Flashcarts are a multimedia device. Homebrew, music (crappy), video (crappy). Not just backup/pirated NDS/GBA games.

Fix'd.

Seriously, I don't find the sound quality too appealing. Even with PortaPros, they're just sub-par. Indeed, the video playback really is crappy, and the conversation takes far too long, in my opinion.

Although Homebrew is great, and I use it daily, so no complaint there.

Still, the micro sds can be used to expand memories of quite a few mp3s (Obviously, Ipods cannot), and that's also one of the reasons why I bought an 8 gig.

For people who think "8 gig is far too much, etc". It's not made just for playing games. It was made for expanding memories of digital devices, and could be used in various devices. You shouldn't just assume that it'll be used for the DS, and the DS only. And even if it's not so great, it can still play music, videos, and have some great homebrews (The stuff sticks has mentioned). It really depends on the person's situation.

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
Tatsu said:

Destructobot said:

Depends on where you live. I got my DSTT in 7 days, maybe 8 if you count the day the post doesn't run. I'll review those emails I got, but I think I got my order in one week exactly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or well somewhat