Hacking thinking of getting another vita

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nowadays as it always been depends on personal preferences.

I like both, but I prefer the Fat model for the screen quality, its a little heavier though.
Others will say they prefer the Slim one for the battery life, and it being lighter, and so on.

Last edited by CMDreamer,
Reactions: Ryccardo

Vinceherman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Japanese OLED with 3g is the best option as it allows you to have dual SD cards via PSVSD adapter, plus the screen is far better.

solarisjapan is a good place for used Vita's, I've purchased several from them all in like new condition.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As said it’s purely personal preference whether you value a crisp bright oled screen over a slightly lighter and more battery conservative model.

For me the screen is king without a shadow of a doubt but your choice.

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Owning 4 vita's, all OLED lol. I had 7 in total, 2 sold and one I gave it to my little brother.
Vita slim looks retarded and childish and also too ugly and a big downgrade in terms of display quality.
The fat version is the best looking device ever IMHO.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the day vita with the OLED screen. Turns out that screen is prone to spotting. You can really only see it when solid black is displayed. During regular gameplay, I don’t notice it much. I found that the spotting is normal on this type of screen. I was thinking of getting a newer vita. Maybe I would, once the new hack gets released.

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have the day vita with the OLED screen. Turns out that screen is prone to spotting. You can really only see it when solid black is displayed. During regular gameplay, I don’t notice it much. I found that the spotting is normal on this type of screen. I was thinking of getting a newer vita. Maybe I would, once the new hack gets released.
From the stories those black blotches you're talking about is because oled was new and not really matured unlike now.
We must not forget the vita oled was from 2011(!!) and we in 2019 now.
If Sony would have used the newer and improved oled screens, there would be no more black blotches or smudges.
I have one vita with almost perfect oled screen with zero black blotches. It sucks a lot as it is a lottery.

Last edited by CTR640,
Reactions: slaphappygamer

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From the stories those black blotches you're talking about is because oled was new and not really matured unlike now.

The O stands for Organic & they rot, especially if exposed to moisture. The advances mostly seem to be in trying to stop any kind of moisture getting in.

I've avoided OLED, it seems fine if you have it on your phone and you're the type of person who throws out their old one every three years. I am not one of those people.

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The O stands for Organic & they rot, especially if exposed to moisture. The advances mostly seem to be in trying to stop any kind of moisture getting in.

I've avoided OLED, it seems fine if you have it on your phone and you're the type of person who throws out their old one every three years. I am not one of those people.
OLED was new back when the vita was announced and released. Phones from 2011 suffered the same issues.
But if you handle it with care, it won't be a problem. I had my vita oled from 2012 and nothing changed, still very clear and crispy colors.
Last year in June I bought my OLED tv and I love it. It has some issues with those vertical streaks but nothing within tolerance and much better than the problems IPS-LED tv'shave so I'd go for OLED again. And also because I use my tv in dark room and nights. My mom has the IPS-LED tv and it simply hurts my eyes at nights, not kidding.

OLED tv's have the feature 'OLED Lamp'. You can decrease it and the picture will not be affected by it. I've set it from 95 to 50 or 40 and details are still there in dark scenes. Only the Brightness will affect the picture but I've it at default (50).

OLED are vaccumed. I am from the Netherlands so the humidity is pretty shit here. I just value blacks and contrast a lot and eyes comfort too so it sucks the LED tv's can't do that and also way too bright for dark rooms, otherwise I would have gone for LED. MicroLED seems to be the future but extremely expensive and for now they probably can't be produced for smaller screens as monitors, phones and gaming handhelds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1