Beige

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright, the US release of the DSi is coming up soon, and as stupid as it sounds, I'm planning on buying it.
I'm thinking of ordering an Acekard 2i now, and be sure it is properly updated for US DSi's (in case Nintendo pulls a Nintendo
tongue.gif
) before I trade in my DS Lite. Could you current users out there make a case for me or is this not that good of a choice? (I'm getting the DSi period, don't try to stop me there.)

L

lilkerv90210

well ive been planing on buying the acekard 2i as well... if you do decide to buy it keep your ds lite becaus knowone knows if the card will withstand a firmware update..

Beige

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not one to jump on an firmware update without checking. Anyways, I sorta need to trade in my DSLite, or else no DSi.

PS: My cousins have DS Lite's and will not trade off to DSi's.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
It'll work fine so long as you like Acekards, but since you'll be using the cart's software and not the DSi's most of the time, you'll want to download as few DSi FW updates as possible once you get it.

Beige

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nessie said:
It'll work fine so long as you like Acekards, but since you'll be using the cart's software and not the DSi's most of the time, you'll want to download as few DSi FW updates as possible once you get it.

That's not much of an issue. Avoiding FW updates has become my forte (thanks to the Wii) but if I get in for this review job I'm going for, I will have to update or circumvent updates somehow, but that's not the issue.

I also have yet to use an Acekard, I've been an M3 person for a while, but homebrew support for it is shrinking, and I'd like to be able to use some level of homebrew, and Acekard seems to be the best way.

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get why everyone wants the DSi so much. It's not really a new generation. Like the GBA and the GBA SP.

But anyway, if you're willing to take the chances, go for it.

Beige

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Briankealing said:
I don't get why everyone wants the DSi so much. It's not really a new generation. Like the GBA and the GBA SP.

But anyway, if you're willing to take the chances, go for it.

It's hype and the DS's popularity, but I'm trying to shrink my game library (including GBA titles) and I'm also trying to get in for a review position.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: This is how I have to do it w uremum... https://youtu.be/wV_BPDi8Ems?si=1UUzI1S7Rp6sujmq