Thinking Of Getting a GBA Flash Cart For DS Lite...

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by OptimisticPessim, Nov 7, 2008.

1. OptimisticPessim
    OP

Newcomer OptimisticPessim Advanced Member

Singapore
    I would prefer one with external storage such as MicroSD (especially SDHC cards) and something that supports most games... Any recommendations? Thanks!

2. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    There are no slot-2 carts that fully support SDHC....actually, there are non-carts..
    M3 Perfect is the only one who can partially read SDHC and use it in multimedia purposes only!!

There are two carts you should look at..

EZ-Flash IV Lite Deluxe or M3 Perfect Lite..

Both are a bit harder to find, but those are your best choices!
    You can check are reviews section for more info on them!

3. carterman

Member carterman GBAtemp Regular

United States
  4. OptimisticPessim
    OP

Singapore
    Thanks for your suggestions! [​IMG] What if I opt to use cards that use MicroSD (non-SDHC) or those with internal storage? What are my options then?

5. DarkSzero

Newcomer DarkSzero Advanced Member

Brazil
    I'm using my Supercard Lite for GBA games nowadays, but it slow downs in some games. Advantage is that it fits perfectly in the gba slot! =p

6. carterman

Member carterman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well, those cards do use microSD. As for carts with internal storage (i.e. cards with NOR Flash), if you want something that specifically will not stick out of the DS Lite, the eLink series might be your best (read: only) choice: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10529

The problem with 'actual' flash carts is that you get far less memory for the price versus a cart with external storage, even if you had to overpay for the M3 Perfect Lite.

7. OptimisticPessim
    OP

Singapore
  8. IceRentoraa29

Member IceRentoraa29 Don't get in between a kid and his ice cream cone.

United States
    Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT get a Supercard for GBA roms. You will regret it. I don't really recommend getting the eLink or the EFA 2 either because the EFA is fake and the eLink may not run all your games (and I'm telling you that from personal experience [​IMG]) The best thing on your list is the 3-in-1 but the bad thing about that is you need to use a slot-1 card to burn the roms to it, so you may want to look at the EZ Flash 4 instead which is also on the same site.

9. OptimisticPessim
    OP

Singapore
    I've a DS Lite, so I'll need the Ez Flash IV Lite too right? Is that easy to include cheats for?