Hardware Thinking of buying a new video card.

What would be the best way to go?

• Stick with the 8500 GT.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Overclock the 8500 GT.

• Buy an 8600 GT.

• Buy an 8600 GTS.

• Buy an 8800 GT.

• Buy an 8800 GTS320.

• Buy an 8800 GTS.

• Buy an 8800 GTX.

• Buy an 8800 Ultra.

• Wait until the 9x00 series comes out.

• Screw nVidia. Get an ATI. (please state why).

• Other (please specify).

• Total voters

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
don't listen to the people who don't know anything.
tom's hardware knows that 8800 GT is best priced and delives better performance than both 8800 GTS 320 and 640.

so, get 8800 GT or if you are filthy rich get the ultra dultra GTX slaying of super duper.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
The 8800 GT can't even run crysis at full settings.

Waiting is good with technology. Wait 6 months - a year and you'll find much better cards and the 8xxx series will be very cheap.

The Ultra can't either. And it's the best card on the market, Get over it. It's better to get a card now then waiting and waiting, if you wait 6 months you'll have to wait another 6 months since something better will be coming out.

I'm saying if he wants to play crysis he should wait. Yeah the ultra can't play crysis at full graphics..I know.

Instead of buying new tech wait for the next generation to come out and buy it then. Once the 9XXX series comes out the 8xxx series will come down in price dramatically. Some people can't afford the newest stuff on the market like you. We have bills to pay and people to look after.

I guess if your parents give you money to buy the newest things that come out all the time you don't have to worry
rolleyes.gif

I don't have the newest things, not even close the best graphics card any of my PCs have is a 7400GT o.0

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

superkrm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't have the newest things, not even close the best graphics card any of my PCs have is a 7400GT  o.0

I apologize then. From some of your posts it seems like you have really high specs but I guess not. Whatever works
wink2.gif

I'm not into gaming but someday I'll build a gaming PC. Probably not for another 2 years or so though.

you are like my doppelganger

same here except im rocking a 6800gs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, I've got a fairly dark sense of humor lol.