OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
Turkey
But how does one get into speedruns? I could record myself playing a game over and over and increase my times but i won't be good enough, so maybe do you guys know any tips or hints or dunno stuff you could recommend?

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Practice, practice, practice, study and practice some more.

Really all you need to do is find a guide for the game you want, which has every shortcut, trick and secret.

Study it until you know them all off by heart, and play the game to death. You can record all of your attempts, just in case you manage to do an amazing run while practicing. Or wait until you’re so good at the game you could play it blindfolded, just by counting seconds :D

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm with @Stwert here: start by practicing. Then practice some more. Then when you feel like your times aren't improving, learn from guides or other speedrunners. Then continue practicing.

And to be honest: I think that "I won't be good enough" is more a problem than anything else. You already know how to get into speed runs: just start playing a game and finish it as fast as possible. Sure, it won't be as lightning fast as what you see on some youtube channels, but what you see there is the result of many, many hours of practice. What you should think about is "is this worth pursuing?".

As an example: when I started karate, the black belt karatekas could do all this amazing stuff. Seemingly incredibly complex moves. Sharp and hard moves. If I had just looked at them, or had said something like "I am thinking of going into karate, but I'm not sure how to get into it", then I wouldn't be where I am today. Instead, I looked at fellow white belters, trained, learned, had fun, and took every opportunity to improve, even if only a little bit each lesson. Heh...it's been about five years since, and I still do that (I'm currently one step away from a black belt, though I have to admit it's by far the largest step). I suggest you take the same approach: do it because you want it. That, combined with an idea of the goal you work towards, should give you all the motivation you'll need to improve. :)

Reactions: Limoon and Stwert

Limoon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
Turkey
Practice, practice, practice, study and practice some more.

Really all you need to do is find a guide for the game you want, which has every shortcut, trick and secret.

Study it until you know them all off by heart, and play the game to death. You can record all of your attempts, just in case you manage to do an amazing run while practicing. Or wait until you’re so good at the game you could play it blindfolded, just by counting seconds :D

I'm with @Stwert here: start by practicing. Then practice some more. Then when you feel like your times aren't improving, learn from guides or other speedrunners. Then continue practicing.

And to be honest: I think that "I won't be good enough" is more a problem than anything else. You already know how to get into speed runs: just start playing a game and finish it as fast as possible. Sure, it won't be as lightning fast as what you see on some youtube channels, but what you see there is the result of many, many hours of practice. What you should think about is "is this worth pursuing?".

As an example: when I started karate, the black belt karatekas could do all this amazing stuff. Seemingly incredibly complex moves. Sharp and hard moves. If I had just looked at them, or had said something like "I am thinking of going into karate, but I'm not sure how to get into it", then I wouldn't be where I am today. Instead, I looked at fellow white belters, trained, learned, had fun, and took every opportunity to improve, even if only a little bit each lesson. Heh...it's been about five years since, and I still do that (I'm currently one step away from a black belt, though I have to admit it's by far the largest step). I suggest you take the same approach: do it because you want it. That, combined with an idea of the goal you work towards, should give you all the motivation you'll need to improve. :)
Alright, I'll start after i finish the game for the third time!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: because he legit gets annoyed when someone says irregardless