Hacking Thinking about getting a EZFlash 3-in-1

Zowayix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking about getting a EZFlash 3-in-1. I currently have an EZFlash V+.

I was wondering, are there any compatibility problems with the EZFlash 3-in-1?
Because I read that there is a regular 3-in-1 and a "3-in-1 plus" and there were some problems with the "plus" version.

Please help.

SpikeyBryan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are plenty of problems with them right now, because of the plus having a new source code and all. Either go ahead and get one now, or just wait for a nice update. Rudoulph's loader should work though, just not native support to anything but EZ Flash V

Zowayix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what kind of problems? Problems involving GBA game compatibility, or something else? And what is Rudoulph's loader?

(I'm using an EZ Flash V+, btw)

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Opera bug is fixed in last k1.90OB8 and the EZ5 is the only slot 1 flashcart that allow to use Multi-rom mode. This mode is very interesting with the ez 3in1Plus because it has twice the amount of NOR flash.
For the rest, just use clean GBA rom on it, the EZ5 kernel will do the rest automatically.
wink.gif

Zowayix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I'm not sure what you're talking about...

Do you have a link to a guide on this or something?

smile.gif

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In last Open Beta kernels the team has added a new feature for the ez5 expansion (ez 3in1). You can flash several games inside the NOR memory (multi-rom).
It also flash a GBA boot menu that allow you start the ez 3in1 like usual in DS menu and select which GBA game you wants to play.
smile.gif

Zowayix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have an EZV+ so that's good.

Are there any problems, issues, etc. with multi-ROM, GBA rom compatibility, RAM Expansion, etc.?

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nothing that can't be fixed. Remember it's Beta kernels and it's still in developement.
But for now we have the single GBA rom stable for both NOR and PSRAM mode. The multi-rom mode needs to be fixed about the GBA saves load process engine.
So if you plan to buy an expansion for your EZ5+ than the ez 3in1 Plus is the best choice for you. Just use single GBA rom mode for instant and it's ok.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.