Hacking Think I've bricked my Switch

giga502

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

Originally I was on 3.0.0, wanted to have a play around so I did the non-burn upgrade method to 5.1.0 to play with LayeredFS, that worked fine.

Decided to buy SX OS and see what that was like. However, there was a problem booting into SX OS CFW, I think it had to do with AutoRCM that had been configured by the non-upgrade guide.

I tried to 'uninstall' the existing AutoRCM with the SX OS 'Remove Auto RCM' button and now my Switch won't turn on at all or be recognized by the TegraRCMGUI.

Have I bricked my Switch?

c0ld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Something similar happened to me, I un installed autorcm after doing the no fuse burn upgrade and then my switch didn't boot to horizon o was detected by Tegra smash, I solved my issue by shorting again pin 10 and holding the + button (the usual steps to launch rcm) I plugged the switch to my pc, and the switch was recognized by the pc so I sent the SX payload and it was working again... (I installed autorcm after this step again) The only bad thing was that I burnt my fuses so I am stuck in 5.x.x

giga502

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I'm in some weird corrupted state now. After I select 'Boot Custom FW' I just get a black-screen until I hold the off button for 10 seconds.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok so I used Briccmiv2 to remove the 'bricc'. Now when I boot SX OS 'boot custom fw' I get a green scren :S

alright got it back up and running. Thanks! Feel free to delete this thread mods.

Kobigov

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm in some weird corrupted state now. After I select 'Boot Custom FW' I just get a black-screen until I hold the off button for 10 seconds.

Ok so I used Briccmiv2 to remove the 'bricc'. Now when I boot SX OS 'boot custom fw' I get a green scren :S

alright got it back up and running. Thanks! Feel free to delete this thread mods.
Now's when you make a nand backup if you don't have one already.

Reactions: RichKK

RichKK

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@giga502 Could you explain how you got it back working please. It may help others in the forum in the same predicament, now or in the future. There's a lot of tinkering right now and clear threads with good, accurate, helpful info can be brick-savers :-)

giga502

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Now's when you make a nand backup if you don't have one already.
Had one from 3.0.0 which I was going to use! Though, taking one at 5.1.0 would be worth it. I believe I've burnt my fuses now anyway so having another backup will be nice.

@giga502 Could you explain how you got it back working please. It may help others in the forum in the same predicament, now or in the future. There's a lot of tinkering right now and clear threads with good, accurate, helpful info can be brick-savers :-)
So the first thing I did wrong was try to remove AutoRCM through the 4.1 "SD CARD FILES" in hektate's 2.3 release.
Then I thought something was wrong with it so I used the 3.1 release to 'toggle autorcm' and do the same thing.

Then that didn't work so I launched SX-OS and used their 'remove autorcm feature' which disabled it but the boot0 was still corrupted.
Then I re-added the autorcm from the SX-OS launcher and had a deep hard think about what I did during the burnless upgrade process.

Then I remember BriccMiV2, so I installed that from here: https://switchtools.sshnuke.net/ then removed it.
Launched SX OS and tried to boot again. Launching into 'CFW' this time caused a 'green screen' which according to this website is a kernel panic during the launching of a payload? http://switchbrew.org/index.php?title=Panic_codes

After that I launched SX-OS again and booted into the CFW just fine and dandy!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew +1