JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Inspired by Chary's comment:
As someone who loves baseball, loves playing baseball, lives, breathes, and dies for baseball, I hate both the 2K and The Show games... but I'd rather just play or watch real baseball.

It brought to my mind that time when I tried to get into a Baseball team someplace near my home.
I was about 16 years or so.
So, i went to this place and asked to be put in a team because I loved (and still do) Baseball nearly as much as I love Basketball.
The "coach" looked at me and asked me what was my age, I said 16, he looked at me and said:

• You're nearly twice as old as the required age. You're twice as big. I don't think you belong here. You'll be playing against children aged 8-10.

To which I replied something like:

• Ain't that better?

The coach looked at me and said:

• Get out of here.

And that's how I failed miserably at getting into a baseball team.

Have you had a similar experience before?

Last edited by JuanMena, , Reason: fixed typos

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snow boarding. i fell on my ass so many times.ill stick to activities that DONT tie my feet together. thanks

also, in the 4th grade, i was in a music class. i was playing the clarinet. in the way some people roll their Rs, i was blowing that into the clarinet creating a triplet effect. i thought it was pretty cool, but the teacher had had enough. i got kicked out of class and i had to tell my parents. "i wasnt following instructions". i didnt realize how much i like music, at the time, and i was just experimenting. i play bass now. i havent really failed at that. i can also drum ok, though i dont have a kit anymore.

ive taken karate before. i was about 12. i hated it. the disciplinary vibes i was getting was not comfortable and i didnt try too hard. i told my mom that i hated it and wanted to quit. i only took one class.

dancing. i just cant even. i spun my girl and dipped her. i dropped her on the floor. she still loves me though :)

its weird, though, i can play drums and keep a beat, but i just cant dance. i feel weird and am 6'2, im super conscious about my long ass arms flailing around while dancing. i can never let that go, unfortunately. tall people always looked funny, to me, while they dance.

those are a few things

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i got kicked out of class and i had to tell my parents. "i wasnt following instructions".
There's always one teacher that has something against you. It sure wasn't your fault.

i play bass now.
Just reminded me I also failed miserably at learning to play the guitar. I've broke fingers and wrist too many times (3) to actually bend and hold the required positions.

dancing. i just cant even.
Haha, me too. Tall people ain't made for that.

i spun my girl and dipped her. i dropped her on the floor. she still loves me though :)
Aww :shy:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: