[emoji14]
a5a27401d1bf1a1574816c5ac6cb2b91.jpg

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 324815

A backwards compatible PS3. It was in the display case at Goodwill, with all the original cables and a Sixaxis. I asked them how much, and they said $10, like what? I could not buy it fast enough!!!! So excited.
Looks like the 80GB so it's emulated. Still a very good deal.

PS3 consoles these days aren't worth much, minus a few exceptions, but hours of gaming. PS3 still has a lot of life in it.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
almost no early ps3 or xbox 360 has survived with no repairs due to the infamous y/rlod. when I opened up firs myt gen xbox 360 I had, I could tell it had been opened in the past, so it's pretty much to be expected.
I bought a PS3 BC from a female seller (male sellers tend to not take care of things as much) for a very good price. It was in pristine condition and fully working.

She advertised it as the 40GB model, but upon checking the photos I knew it was the 60GB and made her an offer which she accepted.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few days ago I bought Amazon's Fire HD 8 tablet and today I decided just to backup everything up, reset, and have a clean user interface (and also save space on not having bloatware apps).

Use this if you'll ever buy it and want to remove everything unnecessary: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/windows-tool-fire-toolbox-v28-9.3889604/

I didn't know that's why I'll have to re-install all again.

Anyway, it should be illegal for Amazon to stuff these tablets with so much junk and allow little to no user customization.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
All you guys buying PS3s... I totally missed on PS3 on it's time,
A few days ago I bought Amazon's Fire HD 8 tablet and today I decided just to backup everything up, reset, and have a clean user interface (and also save space on not having bloatware apps).

Use this if you'll ever buy it and want to remove everything unnecessary: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/windows-tool-fire-toolbox-v28-9.3889604/

I didn't know that's why I'll have to re-install all again.

Anyway, it should be illegal for Amazon to stuff these tablets with so much junk and allow little to no user customization.
It was a huge pain just to partially debloat my xiaomii. I believe every cellphone brand is guilty of that, and that sucks but we need those pesky mobile things to work nowadays...

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
De-Amazon'd my Fire tablet and it's now far better than in its original package.

I actually thought about returning it for a refund, but already ordered a case + tempered glass screen protector from AliExpress, plus someone on the web surely knew how to clean up an Amazon tablet.. and that's what happened.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A rotary tool (dremel is a brand name) with flexi attachment.
rotary_1.JPG

Bit of a shocker me getting a new tool rather than second hand (granted it was a present) and as I am not a teenager any more then what I needed a basic rotary tool for is questionable. The real reason was
previously on https://gbatemp.net/threads/things-you-recently-bought-or-got.347639/page-761#post-9912853
Got a pantograph without the motor aspect, indeed appeared to have been deleted and instead a scratch tool added.

Several hours in the workshop (which was a complete mess by the end) and I had the flexi gutted for parts (indeed used the rotary tool to do it), old clamp drilled and then counterbored for the bearings, said bearings pressed in (one was shot out of the package which is annoying but they make new ones every day, albeit none that I stocked. Guess I was fortunate that I was gutting it rather than using it with it being welded into the plastic to cook that instead), bunch of fiddling to get it working and then had to grind down the diamond tip cutter as the height was a bit excessive (it never ends doing this sort of thing).
rotary_2.JPG
Still end result for now
rotary_3.JPG

Need to sort out some letters and better templates (wood grain kept seeing the follower not do well for the GBAtemp mascot, https://gbatemp.net/review/ortur-laser-master-2-pro-and-rotating-stand.1853/ for those thinking it familiar as it has been kicking around in the workshop ever since). That said I might do the physician heal thyself thing and originate some of my own -- if you are making things smaller your inaccuracies are reduced too (and some even like the hand done look).
No video from me so another from last post

and a different one using a different tool but example of some things that can be done.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some of my pops from popcultcha came today. I'm still getting 5 more from them.
So excited for the ichigo pop. I got the chase version of him with his Hallow mask and he came in perfect condition.

So total I have 30 4" pop figures and 2 6". Also I honestly don't like pops, I'm only getting the ones I think are cool

Attachments

• 20220902_145702.jpg
    20220902_145702.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
  • 20220902_145705.jpg
    20220902_145705.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
Last edited by dragonblood9999,

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YirGDuzLvkQ +1