Things you recently bought or got

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gonna change some batteries on a couple of old pokemon gameboy games (gold and crystal) and an old ez flash 256mbit. Bought a set of gamebits on ali, when the package arrived, there was only one in the package: the wrong one... Ordered it again, they arrived finally: complete! Now just waiting for the tabbed batteries.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gonna change some batteries on a couple of old pokemon gameboy games (gold and crystal) and an old ez flash 256mbit. Bought a set of gamebits on ali, when the package arrived, there was only one in the package: the wrong one... Ordered it again, they arrived finally: complete! Now just waiting for the tabbed batteries.
You can use cr1616 battery holders in a gameboy cart. Instead of a tabbed battery. You can get like 20 on aliexpress for about $5. My friend had me do this to his games. Just search cr1616 battery holder.

Bought my ticket to the pet expo in 2 weeks. Going to buy some supplies and possibly another gargoyle gecko.

Attachments

• 20220903_121233.jpg
    20220903_121233.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can use cr1616 battery holders in a gameboy cart. Instead of a tabbed battery. You can get like 20 on aliexpress for about $5. My friend had me do this to his games. Just search cr1616 battery holder.
Damn, that's a really good tip!
Downside is that i'll have to wait another couple of weeks before I can get busy with it...

• Sad
Reactions: AncientBoi

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn, that's a really good tip!
Downside is that i'll have to wait another couple of weeks before I can get busy with it...
Yeah I get why he did it. It's one time soldering and you can easily replace the battery when you need too. But I would only do this if you don't plan on selling the games after. It could be just me but I would rather have any game carts I buy as original as possible.

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah I get why he did it. It's one time soldering and you can easily replace the battery when you need too. But I would only do this if you don't plan on selling the games after. It could be just me but I would rather have any game carts I buy as original as possible.
Like most things I just want to try if i can do it: I've got to Crystals, one's getting a tabbed one and the other a holder. I'ts very likely that i'll never play or sell them (after testing).

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the help of @sombrerosonic I have purchased a Gaming PC! Can't wait for them to arrive :D

comp.JPG

and,

keyboard.JPG

Hope it all works together. :D

Need help getting an OS for it though. :sad:

Last edited by AncientBoi,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
  • Haha
Reactions: AncientBoi

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
First, I found a broken fancy coffee grinder. Then, I found this super busted up espresso machine at Goodwill. It didn't work, for parts, for pretty much nothing for the both of them, a few weeks apart.

Usually, I wouldn't bother picking up for parts stuff--I'm not good at fixing stuff up, and I know nothing about espresso. But I decided to do some digging into warranty claims. It might not be the most legitimate thing, but with a receipt that might have been tossed into a photo editor, ;) they said it was still under warranty, and after sending the two broken units back, I got a working Breville grinder and espresso machine!

photo_2022-09-06_08-29-48.jpg

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First, I found a broken fancy coffee grinder. Then, I found this super busted up espresso machine at Goodwill. It didn't work, for parts, for pretty much nothing for the both of them, a few weeks apart.

Usually, I wouldn't bother picking up for parts stuff--I'm not good at fixing stuff up, and I know nothing about espresso. But I decided to do some digging into warranty claims. It might not be the most legitimate thing, but with a receipt that might have been tossed into a photo editor, ;) they said it was still under warranty, and after sending the two broken units back, I got a working Breville grinder and espresso machine!

View attachment 325919
Oh look at Chary committing low level fraud. I would never have thought that you would be the sort to be

200.gif

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Howdy +1