Things you have fixed/modded recently

Kaliko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gb2.jpg

Modded my DMG, custom shell, 2 part buttons, IPS screen, CleanJuice USB-C battery mod + extended battery, glass front panel

gb1.jpg

And one of the CLEANEST lookin' prosound mods I've seen on a console(headphone jack on the left). It bypasses some of the internal headphone circuitry to give you less noise, cleaner + crispier bass, and a louder volume level,
It fits flush RIGHT with the case, and 2 people have told me they thought it was OEM ;)

I make chiptunes on my Gameboy so it's definitely a worth investment!

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 337221
Attach files
Modded my DMG, custom shell, 2 part buttons, IPS screen, CleanJuice USB-C battery mod + extended battery, glass front panel

View attachment 337220
And one of the CLEANEST lookin' prosound mods I've seen on a console(headphone jack on the left). It bypasses some of the internal headphone circuitry to give you less noise, cleaner + crispier bass, and a louder volume level,
It fits flush RIGHT with the case, and 2 people have told me they thought it was OEM ;)

I make chiptunes on my Gameboy so it's definitely a worth investment!
Here's a picture of my modded Game Boy Color that I have done up ages ago. With a translucent purple shell, white molded buttons and cheap solderless LCD screen installed. I really need to touch up the screen, as the spacers that came with it doesn't align it up properly.

20221021_131407.jpg

Last edited by SylverReZ,

Kaliko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a picture of my modded Game Boy Color that I have done up ages ago. With a translucent purple shell, white molded buttons and cheap solderless LCD screen installed. I really need to fix up the screen a bit as the spacers that came with it didn't align it properly.View attachment 337225
Very nice!! I actually have all the parts to supermod my GBC, too, with like 8 different mods. Haven't gotten around to it quite yet, though

Reactions: SylverReZ

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fixed the D-PAD of my trusty wired X360 controller (the 3D-printed fix left of the controller, found from thingiverse). Finally the the only downside of controller, pressing dpad and hoping for the best with registered press direction seems to be fixed.

View attachment 337687
Every time I see something like this, I want to get a 3D printer. :)

lwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Every time I see something like this, I want to get a 3D printer. :)
Luckily we do have a FabLab where I live (check https://fablab.io) so the only investment is time. Those labs are quite a good alternative if you happen to live near one and need 3D printed stuff only now and then :) - My next project will be + button for one of my wiimotes.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luckily we do have a FabLab where I live (check https://fablab.io) so the only investment is time. Those labs are quite a good alternative if you happen to live near one and need 3D printed stuff only now and then :) - My next project will be + button for one of my wiimotes.
Thanks for that. I never knew. The closet on is almost 2 hours away. It might be cheaper to buy my own unit, than to buy gas for this trip. Lol

Reactions: GeekyGuy

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Decided to get a cheap Super Famicom for NTSC games, came pre-modded with a super-CIC and recapped.

The catch was that it was sold without a PSU/controllers, fortunately I had some lying around and the case was cracked.

The latter wasn't an issue as I had a case from a faulty PAL SNES and planned to use the old case.

Received it....and it wasn't working.

Since I was planning on case swapping it anyway I thought I'd open it up, turned out the modder had zero isolation on a copper wire they used to connect some ICs and the SPC was on a separate board which had become disconnected.

So I put some electrical tape down and reattached the sound board and it worked just fine.

I decided since it was half disassembled to do the case swap (the original was crumbling with the slightest touch), which had a slight hiccup as I had to Dremel some supports on the case to stop the sound board coming off as my old PAL case was a newer revision.

Otherwise, it's working fine now (touch wood).

Kaliko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Kaliko What mods do you have?
My bad for the late reply! I recapped it, pink LED, IPS screen, custom transluscent black shell, translucent purple buttons, audio amplifier, voltage regulator mod, a RetroGlow kit that enables LED lit individual buttons(each button can have its own color), ProSound mod, and a mod that lets me use a regular rechargable battery pack that adds USB C charging. Pretty much all you can get for the GBC!

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nothing out of the ordinary but this person was selling an Xbox One controller for 5 Euros. You could clearly see the damage in the picture: Besides that, everything works perfectly.

1670848666246.png

Anyway, I still had a pair of analogs I wasn't using so I decided to make the purchase. When it came home the damage was worse than I thought:
1670848741617.png

The guy apparently broke the plastic of the lever while "attempting" a repair. I bought a 3D Printer but it wouldn't come 'till saturday, because it was the perfect experiment for this stuff. So I decided to attempt a more ""rural"" repair and it seemed to work:

1670848820161.png

Aaaaand that's how I got a decent controller for PC using a toothpick, a spare pair of analogs and 5 Euros.

1670848854546.png

vika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did a USB-C mod on a PS Vita not too long ago. There was a bounty for a video of an install that didn't use a heat gun to remove the original port, so I only used my soldering iron to complete it. It took a while but eventually it was successful. I then proceeded to immediately get addicted to Puyo Puyo Tetris on the Vita. :yaypsp:

Tryfle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I modded my Vita late last year, and I modded my Switch today. I'm having an issue regarding my Switch and I wanted to post here for help but I need those 5 posts to make a thread. I modded my first console over a year ago now, my 3DS, and that makes every console that I've put custom firmware on a handheld.
This will be my first message!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: one of the people that appeared there was a minor when filming the cutscenes where she appears